Skip navigation
ShreddieMercury
Currently Being Moderated

How to create a downloadable file?

Dec 4, 2013 8:31 AM

Tags: #help #muse #hyperlinks #adobe_muse #downloadable_file

I have placed my resume on my website but would like it for be downloadable. The resume is clickable and opens to a larger version via the hyperlinks. The larger version opens in the same window. I would like to have a "download resume" button underneath so the viewer could download it to their desktop if they would like to. I hope this is possible, but even if it isn't I would atleast like the resume to open in the new tab, so the viewer doesn't have to go back to the previous page.

the website is www.kitromero.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2013 9:07 AM   in reply to ShreddieMercury

There is no real method in Muse for forcing a PDF to download, rather than preview in certain browsers. Usually that's done server side with .htaccess or other methods.

You can cheat and .zip the PDF, then do the File > Add Files For Upload and link to it. It should download

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2013 11:32 AM   in reply to ShreddieMercury

meanwhile you can chose to make a link open in a new window from the "hyperlink" buttonmuseshot.png

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to ShreddieMercury

I have had the same issue. It seems ridiculous all the features they have come up with, yet a SIMPLE download file function is beyond them.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to Brian Wood

Thank you, the .zip way works. so simple, why don't they tell people this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points