• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbar Navigation - Previous/Next button enhanced script

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a few topics on how to add the standard skin back/next script to a skin, for that I thank everyone.  I would like to take it to the next level and make it behave even more like browser buttons meaning when a user has never navigated to a 2nd topic the Back button is unavailable (gray), when they have navigated to multiple topics the button is available (blue). Same for the next button.

Standard script:

For back:

javascript:history.go(-1);

For next:

javascript:history.go(1);

Any ideas?

I believe I saw it somewhere before and now I can't find it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This requires you to sniff the browser's history. And most browsers see

this as a security threat so they have blocked that. The followig thread

has some suggestions to get this working:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3588315/how-to-check-if-the-user-can-go-back-in-browser-history-or-not

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is being used in a CHM that was converted from a Webhelp in RH10 does that make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you say: This is being used in a CHM that was converted from a Webhelp in RH10, does that mean you are using the feature in RH10 where you are now able to use the CHM as a wrapper in order to present a single .CHM file that presents a skinned WebHelp?

Or are you instead saying that you are now creating CHM output and used to create WebHelp?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the new feature.  I generate the Webhelp then File > Generate > Webhelp to CHM Converter.

I've been doing some research and IE does have security issues with it, I didn't think that would be a problem for the CHM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try, but I don't give you much chance. CHM uses IE under water

and security is possibly even stricter in a CHM than on a regular site.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp