Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem: import image sequence in adobe media encoder

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

have a problem with adobe media encoder CS6, in media encoder preferences I change the Display Format to 25 frame timecode, I import a serial of TGA (170 frame) to media encoder as a TGA image file Sequence, this serial generated from 3D Max and ToonBoom applications, the specification of TGA serial 1080 50i "1920X1080 - upper filed - 25 fps", when I import the sequence, media encoder recognize the sequence as 1920X1080 - progressive - 29.97 fps, in interpret Footage options window I change the settings of the sequence to upper filed - 25 fps, and I export it to quicktime mov 1920X1080 - upper filed - 25 fps uncompressed

the problem:

the duration of mov file is 06:20 and that is correct for 170 frame as 25 fps but the mov file not contain all tga serial image, the image freeze at time code 05:16 (frame number 142) and duplicate the frame 142 to the rest of movie file

if I don't change the frame rate in interpret Footage options window for the tga sequence which media encoder recognize it as 29.97 fps, the mov file contain all TGA frames but with duration of 05:16 which not 25 fps

in adobe media encoder CS5.5 I don't get this problem at all

1- how to solve this problem ??

2- how to force adobe media encoder CS6 to recognize the imported image sequence as 25 fps frame rate ??

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection CS6

thanks

Message was edited by: yas1amin1mah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

"Interpret Footage" is finally fixed in November 2013 Creative Cloud video updates. If your version of Premiere Pro and AME is or above 7.1.0, everything should work as expected. Just don't forget to actually perform "Interpret Footage" on your source in Premiere Pro CC or a source in AME CC que, otherwise your image sequence will continue to be interpreted as 29.97fps by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first off, TGA files are progressive so you can't interpret them as interlaced.

secondly, if it's freezing up at frame 142 on export then you've found a bug.

try another output type (like f4v) and see if you get the same behaviour. If you do then it's the Importer (ie TGA reader) or AME itself, if not it's the Exporter that has the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thank you for replay,

First off, from 3DS Max or ToonBoom you can render TGA as upper field or lower field first "render to field = interlaced", but this is not the point.

when freezing up at frame 142, it's not the same frame number in eatch image sequences, but the freezing done in the frame number which indicate the lenthg of the image sequence if you interpret it as frame rate 29.97

ie, if you import image sequence = 60 frame, AME default interpret frame rate = 29.97 fps, then the duration of movie file will be 02:00 and all 60 images loaded in the movie, if you change the interpret frame rate to 25 fps then the the duration of movie file will be 02:10 but not all image sequence loaded in the movie, it load images till frame 51 only which equal in time code 02:00 and freez the rest of movie. "02:00 equal the duration of movie as if you use AME default interpret frame rate = 29.97 fps"

I try TGA, JPG, TIFF sequence image, and try most of AME export default settings and get the same problem, I think it's AME bug

how to test:

1- try to get a sequence image with frame number printed on images (you can create a premiere project, add a color mate 60 frame to timeline, add time code effect to color mate with settings "Format=Frames, Offset=1", then export media as Targa sequence)

2- import the 60 Targa images in AME as Targa sequence

3- click on Export Settings, check the loaded image and you will fined that all 60 images are loaded

4- exit from export setting and change the interpret frame rate of the sequence to 25 fps

5- click on Export Settings, check the loaded image and you will fined that the movie freez at frame 51 and not load the rest of images

this is the problem, any help ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You will solve this by right clicking the file name of the sequence in your queue window in Media Encoder

Options come up - Choose 'Interperate Footage...'

The Interperate Footage Window Presents..

Here you can change the frame Rate to what ever you want.

Michael Wentworth-Bell  showed me this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, You may know what I just wrote already.

This covered the import settings.

The only other thing are the export settings

Under the Video Tab there is Frame Rate choice

But this is more obvious.

From what I have just read Encoder prefers Movie files over sequences.

So if you are really stuck make an uncompressed movie file through AFX or whatever you have then

Then take that through Encoder.

PS I have rendered TGA sequences to feilds often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kuhlmann

I think you don't understand the problem, I know how to change the frame rate from interpret option window, but if I change it to 25 fps the problem is that AME not load all the image sequence

try to test it as I explained in the last post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kuhlmann

thanks for replay, am working in Animation series and convert more than 300 image sequence to mov files to edit it and usually using AME, in past versions there is no any problem at all, but in AME CS6 this problem appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Expert

did any one try to test this problem to confirm if this is AME bug or not

how to test:

1- try to get a sequence image with frame number printed on images (you can create a premiere project with 25 fps frame rate, add a color mate 60 frame to timeline, add time code effect to color mate with settings "Format=Frames, Offset=1", then export media as Targa sequence)

2- import the 60 Targa images in AME as Targa sequence

3- click on Export Settings, check the loaded image and you will fined that all 60 images are loaded

4- exit from export setting and change the interpret frame rate of the sequence to 25 fps

5- click on Export Settings, check the loaded image and you will fined that the movie freeze at frame 51 and not load the rest of images

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said. And it worked OK

I could view all 60 frames.

My frame started at 0001 not 0000

My frames where 720P

Not sure if this would make a difference

Regards

Alf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alf

thanks for replay,

please confirm this thoughts

1- did AME is under Windows 7

2- did you change the interpret frame rate of the sequence to 25 fps

3- did you export the movie and Confirmed that it is 25 fps frame rate and contain all the 60 frame

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did this for the second time and this time got the identical problem you have seen!!!

I did this test yesterday to a different sequence of 60 frames and it seemed OK

But maybe I was not looking closely enough - The movement was not big

I am in Windows 7

Re-interpreted to 25fps

and output to QT Anim

The 50th frame freezes for the last 10 frames - Also shows this in the preview window of AME

Sorry this took so long to confirm.

Al least, now you know, your not going mad.

I would probably only import Movie files into AME till they sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks god

finally, someone got the problem

thank you Alf, Actually I've become crazy, now I can confirm this is a bug in AME

1 will report it

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

AME new update to version 6.0.3.1 and the bug still exists,

I report the bug to adobe customer support and did not get any answer from them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image sequences can contain interlacing as well. Interlacing can be catched in each frame: odd and even fields (pixel rows) show a time offset.. At playout these will be separated in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi same probleme here

Mac OS

AME 6.0.2.81 64 bit

in fact I found out that the lenght of the resulting is allways calculated with a 29,97 fps whatever speed is actually set for the sequence. After that AME puts a still frame !!!

Have to repport the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since two months and still the problem exists, did we will get the solution with CS7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a ridiculous problem. I think the issue would go away if you could set the default preference of the FPS - not its always 1st established as 29.97.

I am trying to create slow turnaround videos (slow as in 10fps or 15 fps) from image sequence and the cutting off is making this impossible. My workaround is - annoying yes - to create a uncompressed quicktime with quicktime pro at wanted framerate. Then I can output whatever I want ast the same framerate with no freezing or dropped frames.

How does one report a bug so it actually gets addressed? I did report it under premiere but media encoder doesn't show up in the bug report software list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for help

This solution is impossible with 200+ TGA sequnce "Significant lost time to convert to mov then to avi + Drain a hard disk capacity"

Is there anyone responsible "from adobe" to follow up these problems or are we talking to ourselves

this problem post in 18 Sep 2012 and did not get any answer from technical support here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem on Win8. Software ist updated and everything.

Drove me nuts before I found this thread because I could not figure out what caused the still frame close to the end.

Did someone report the bug?

Edit: I found a temporary solution for my problem (I use TIF sequences).

I just load the sequence into Premiere and export them using the AME queue. Works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a sh-- of a problem.

I have been getting around this using a similar solution to Marcus.

I use After Effects to create a comp. Here I slow down footage change settings etc.

AME can easily render directly from an AFX comp to whatever you need.

I do this more and more with really complicated compoistions rendered directly through AME

Rather than going to a file sequence first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug repported 6 months ago. Had AME update since. No news. AME is just unusable for animations for a year now. They just don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are we talking to ourselves

Mostly, yes.  This is a user forum, after all.  Occasionally an Adobe staffer will pop in, but it's never guaranteed.  Your only direct line of communication with the guys who can fix this is the bug report form, and it is mostly one way comm.  You'll rarely hear back from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, but

I'd like to propose a solution to the problem rather than waste time in entering into discussions would be useless

Already I have reported about this problem since 5 months, but I did not receive any response from the technical support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

are we talking to ourselves

Mostly, yes.  This us a user forum, after all.  Occasionally an Adobe staffer will pop in, but it's never guaranteed.  Your only direct line of communication with the guys who can fix this is the bug report form, and it is mostly one way comm.  You'll rarely here back from them.

Hi Jim (and everyone else on this forum),

my name is Patrick, the new guy on the AME team (also the product manager for SpeedGrade, therefore some of you know me from my other passion - color grading).

If you ever feel like you're talking to yourself but you really should be talking to someone from ADOBE instead, please never hesitate to send me private message and make me aware of a conversation where you think I should chime in.

Having this said, I'll be discussing this particular issue with the team shortly and we'll see if there's an easy answer to the problem.

Best regards,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines