• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE10 - Nvidia Video Card Driver Roll Back

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately there have been numerous reports of Premiere Elements 10 display problems characterized by NVIDIA video cards whose drivers were up to date. The resolution to the issue is presenting as rolling back the driver instead of updating it.

So now the list of those hit with the NVIDIA video card driver issue include

Joas Jose Gois (Johnnymaxx)

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 660 ti

320.40 worked; 327.23 and 331.40 did not.

FHS

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 430

March 2013 worked; not the latest.

bcstaat

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 760

320.40 worked; not the latest.

Mcasman

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 580

May 2013 worked; 327.23 and 331.40 did not.

Gregory A

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 760

320.49 worked; not the latest

HatBat

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 640

320.49 worked; not the latest

If you are not on this list, please let us know. I have tried to keep track for troubleshooting purposes, but may have missed someone. If you are a Premiere Elements 10 users with NVIDIA video card and display and related issues exist, please consider the above information.

Thanks.

ATR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 128 Replies 128
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ddshog

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

Worked earlier in October before updating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ddshog

Thanks for adding to the list of Premiere Elements 10 users with this NVIDIA video card driver issue.

I am hoping that someone will take notice at NVIDIA and/or Adobe and correct the situation in spite of

the fact that the issues all seem to be hitting Premiere Elements 10 which is not the latest version.

Much appreciated the follow up.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another contribution to the list of users who have Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA video card where the roll back of the driver resolved the issues. This is from prorastistamper today.....http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1314658?tstart=0

ID: procrastistamper

Premiere Elements 10

nVidia GT 610

320.49 worked (that's the May release I found for my card--not 320.40); 331.58 did NOT work; I did not bother trying 327.23

My OS is WinXP64 Pro

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another contributor to the list of users with Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issue.

Today Allan Devon reported the problem and the video card driver version roll back fix.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1314658?tstart=0

NVIDIA video card in this case is NVIDIA GTX 660.

I have asked for more details on this from Allan Devon to keep the information as comprehensive as possible for those who fix this problem at NVIDIA and/or Adobe.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another post today with the Premiere Elements 10 NIVIDIA video card driver syndrome and fix of rolling back the video card driver. This report was from

Mighty Drew

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA _____________

Roll Back from ________to ___________.

Specifics pending, but same problem and fix.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent experience of kaylenemcnabb in this regard is interesting since contact with NVIDIA was made between kaylenemcnabb and NVIDIA and the problem was resolved by an driver update as per NVIDIA instructions.

Card involved was said to be NVIDIA GeForce GT630M and the successfual driver version was given as "331,40". See thread involved. http://forums.adobe.com/message/5787915#5787915

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jimbojoness00

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA Ge Force 331.65 installed

stopped working in October 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It bothers me that adobe premiere elements 10 does not work because I have the latest nvidia update. Adobe Premier Pro CS6 works just fine with the latest nvidia update. I like to use premiere elements 10 to do quick video updates and save them to DVD. I know that Adobe can fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmhr

The major idea behind this thread was to focus attention on the seemingly widespread Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card/video card driver issue which is requiring a driver version roll back in order for Premiere Elements to function.  I have had no feedback yet that either NVIDIA nor Adobe has remedied the situation.

Remember, we are not Adobe here, just Elements users like you. You might want to contact direct NVIDIA and Adobe about this matter. There have been a few reports of those afflicted with the issue getting positive support from NVIDIA.

What NVIDIA video card and driver do you have? What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 10 on?

Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A.T. Romano,

I am running Adobe Premiere elements 10 on the Windows 8 operating system.

My Nvidia Card is GeForce GT430 with driver version 331.65.

I did contact Nvidia, they said that they would try to duplicate the problem, but I have not heard anything else from them. I tried clicking on roll back driver from windows devices but it did not work. I do not see an earlier version of the driver on their website.

You mentioned contacting adobe. That is how I got to this list. It brought me to their FAQ I described my problem and it brought me to this forum showing my problem. Does adobe read this?

Thanks.

Hazel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hazel,

Occasionally there may be a person identified as "Staff" commenting on one of the threads. But this is a User to User Forum so those visits are welcomed, but not expected nor on any type of a schedule. So far no one from Adobe has seen fit to comment on this issues that I have been compiling in this thread to bring attention to the matter.

A lot may go to Adobe's typical focus on current version which is 12, not 10.

I think that your best opportunity for success in your circumstances is through NVIDIA. They have been reported to have solved some of these Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issues. Keep after NVIDIA and ask for a supervisor if necessary.

Another possibility is getting FHS back into this thread to give you details that worked for that NVIDIA GTX 430

FHS

Premiere Elements 10

NVIDIA GTX 430

March 2013 worked; not the latest.

Have you tried the March 2013 version of the driver that worked for FHS?

Please check out the above and let us know if any of that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>roll back driver from windows devices but it did not work

You have to go to the nVidia web site and check for an earlier driver for your model

Start at nVidia Driver Updates http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe Premiere elements 10 on the Windows 8 operating system. 

>My Nvidia Card is GeForce GT430 with driver version 331.65

was not displaying video.

I found the older drivers on the url that you recommended:

>Start at nVidia Driver Updates http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

327.23 did not work

320.49 does work - I can now use Premiere Elements 10.

Hazel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hazel

Thank you very much for checking out the older drivers for the NVIDIA video card driver roll back.

We were so very pleased by the "320.40 does work". Great news.

Your feedback and those of others on this Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issue are helpful and appreciated.

We will all be watching for further developments from NVIDIA or Adobe on this.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so here I am with the same problem...

as I explained here http://forums.adobe.com/message/5811559, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 530. I have updated the driver TWICE (1st time on 23 October 2013 - version 9.18.13.3165). After the 1st update, I have the same Premiere Elements 10 display problem as mentioned above.

Second update has been done a couple of days ago.

I have done a roll back of the driver today, but I only got back to the version installed on 23 October (i.e. 9.18.13.3165) so didn't really help... 😕

The problem is that I did not write down the version that was updated on 23 October (and thus replaced by version 9.18.13.3165).

Does anyone know the driver version that actually works with Premiere Elements 10?.

Second question: why doesn't Adobe update its Premiere Elements 10 in order to make it work with the latest versions of the NVIDIA drivers? That would sound much more logical this way...

Thanks for your help.

BR
R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superrobby

If you go to Device Manager/Display Adapter/and the name of your video card/Driver Tab

If you are not doing this already, can you click on Update Driver, select "Browse my computer for driver software", and look through the list of drivers that gets presented to you (should have dates)?

At this stage of the issue Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA video card, it might be a good idea to contact NVIDIA to get some input from them. This route has been reported to work for some the Premiere Elements 10 users caught in this issue.

Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have suddenly experienced problems wit PE 10 and NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TenCService

Please refer to your new thread that you have on this topic. In that you had not mentioned Premiere Elements 10 when I last looked at the replies.

The entrance of Premiere Elements 10 into the problem sheds a new light on the issue as you can judge from the content in the thread in which we are now.

Meet you back in your own thread.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR, I just installed back GeForce 320.49 Driver and suddenly it works as normally again! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TenCService

I saw your great results in your own thread on this subject. Great news.

Thanks for reporting the outcome which will be helpful to all.

Congratulations on your success.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having playback issues with adobe premier elements 10. I have an nvidia geforce gtx 670mx. I just backdated a root emulator driver and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iwill2000will1

Thanks for contributing that information to the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issue whose fix to date is rolling back the driver version.

Your information is helpful and much appreciated.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have PreEl10 and Nvidia GeForce GTX550 Ti card and now i suddenly have the white screeen of nothingness too...

i had to roll back the drivers to 2012 ( forgot the exact date) and now it works again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genesmachine

Thanks for documenting your success. Much appreciated. I had been marking all such reports in this thread as helpful. But, the Adobe web team is changing things in that regard. So, please know that your post is "Helpful" even I cannot find a way to mark it as such. If I can, I will do so to make it official.

Continued success.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines