• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame 10 book with multiple files crashing when I change the numbering at the book level.

Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've built a Frame book (Frame 10) with multiple files from a variety of books. The files have text insets and cross references within and across chapters. When I go to set the numbering at the book level - as soon as I click Set on the numbering dialog - Frame crashes and I get an Internal Error 10024, 6382424, 6369627, 6383085. I'm attaching a screen shot.frame crash.png

I've take the files out of the book and added them back in. These files worked fine in the original books I copied them from. I can't get the book to number correctly. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Hi Denice,

Not sure if this is relevant to what you're experiencing but...

I've experienced similar numbering issues with several of my books.

What eventually fixed it for me, is I discovered that some files had paragraph style overrides (not necessarily related to headings or section heads.

Once I removed all overrides from these files, the numbering issues were resolved.

While I use the Paragraph Tools  plugin, You can scan your files for overrides with FM built-in Find/Change.

Regards,

Amitai Sela

Ph

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denice,

Not sure if this is relevant to what you're experiencing but...

I've experienced similar numbering issues with several of my books.

What eventually fixed it for me, is I discovered that some files had paragraph style overrides (not necessarily related to headings or section heads.

Once I removed all overrides from these files, the numbering issues were resolved.

While I use the Paragraph Tools  plugin, You can scan your files for overrides with FM built-in Find/Change.

Regards,

Amitai Sela

Philips Healthcare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to report this worked. I did a search for overrides in the problem chapters - deleted them and re-ran the book. It all seems to be ok. Thank you Amitai!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> When I go to set the numbering at the book level - as soon as I click Set on the numbering dialog

What happens if you attempt to set numbering from within each component file?

If no crash, you might try doing that for each file, then in the Book, set

• Read from File
  • for every numbering property of every component file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines