• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 fails while installing shared technologies.

Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restoring a PC to "'factory settings' then tried installing PSE12 again as the first piece of new software, even before installing antivirus. It worked first time!" is a draconian step, not a solutioin. Upgrading from PSE8 or PSE10 to PSE12 is not worth the pain and agony.

I tried using the MSConfig Utility and other steps detailed and the install still failed:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-installation-problems-pepe-win7-vista.html

I installed PSE12 on XPSP3 and it worked the first time. Is Adobe working on a fix to PSE12 install problems with Windows 7?

Downgrading to an OS (XPSP3) that won't be supported by Microsoft in April 2014 is not an option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DavidDkart you mentioned you reviewed http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-installation-problems-pepe-win7-vista.html.  What specific errors did you discover within your installation log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install log looks clean with an ending of:

Program: Elements Organizer Revel Agent 12.0

File:

=== Logging stopped: 12/5/2013  20:41:19 ===

MSI (c) (04:DC) [20:41:19:249]: Note: 1: 1707

MSI (c) (04:DC) [20:41:19:250]: Product: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 -- Installation operation completed successfully.

MSI (c) (04:DC) [20:41:19:251]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12. Product Version: 12.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Installation success or error status: 0.

MSI (c) (04:DC) [20:41:19:280]: Grabbed execution mutex.

MSI (c) (04:DC) [20:41:19:280]: Cleaning up uninstalled install packages, if any exist

MSI (c) (04:DC) [20:41:19:286]: MainEngineThread is returning 0

=== Verbose logging stopped: 12/5/2013  20:41:19 ===

However, PSE12 fails to launch with following errors:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          12/7/2013 8:15:40 PM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      DR-PC

Description:

Faulting application name: ElementsOrganizerRevelAgent.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52421609

Faulting module name: wichitafoundation.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x524215cb

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x0047db65

Faulting process id: 0x1c7c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cef3bb628c187d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 12 Organizer\ElementsOrganizerRevelAgent.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 12 Organizer\wichitafoundation.dll

Report Id: a1f9c350-5fae-11e3-a3d1-0015e92e3e9a

Date:          12/7/2013 8:15:40 PM

Event ID:      1005

Description:

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Elements Organizer Revel Agent 12.0 because of this error.

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.

User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.

2. If the file still cannot be accessed and

- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.

- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.

3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.

4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.

5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Date:          12/5/2013 7:55:17 PM

Event ID:      1000

Description:

Faulting application name: PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52421541

Faulting module name: PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe, version: 12.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52421541

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x011c674b

Faulting process id: 0x6e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cef2263653a385

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 12\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 12\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe

Report Id: 744d395b-5e19-11e3-a3d1-0015e92e3e9a

Date:          12/5/2013 7:55:18 PM

Event ID:      1005

Description:

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Photoshop Elements 12 Editor because of this error.

Program: Photoshop Elements 12 Editor

File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.

User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.

2. If the file still cannot be accessed and

- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.

- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.

3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.

4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.

5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data

Error value: 00000000

Disk type: 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DavidDKart please see Troubleshoot install using logs | Element - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html for information on locating the installation log file for Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support files were uploaded under case 40-08447-130309122013.

I did not see any errors in:

PSE12 AMTLib Support 12.0 12-09-2013.log

or

EO12 AMTLib Support 12.0 12-09-2013.log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a separate discussion as the previous discussion was resolved by disabling the conflicting process or application using the Microsoft configuration utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DavidDkart if you are unable to locate any specific errors within the installation log file then I would recommend you verify you have completed the steps available in both Troubleshoot installation | Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements | Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-installation-photoshop-elements-premiere.h... and Troubleshoot installation problems | Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements | Windows 7, Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-installation-problems-pepe-win7-vista.html

You may want to review the discussions available on this topic at:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5903209#5903209

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5778059#5778059

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5758182#5758182

If you have completed the listed steps then please contact our support team directly.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps in vailable in both:

1) Troubleshoot installation | Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements | Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-installation -photoshop-elements-premiere.html#main_Error__Below_mentioned_applicat ions_have_failed_to_install__Shared_technologies_ and

2) Troubleshoot installation problems | Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements | Windows 7, Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-installation -problems-pepe-win7-vista.html.

I have also followed steps in the other 3 discussions.

I stll cannot launch PSE12 (Organizer or Editor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have been through all of the same steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cosigned. Premiere Elements 12 installer fails at "error while installing Adobe Elements 12 Organizer". All log files look clean. Main Installation Log reports " - 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)". Tried everything as above with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I solved the problem.

*Warning these steps requires editing the Registry. If you choose to follow these steps, you accept all responsibility for your actions and any potential damages.*

1. Un-installed previous install attempts with "Microsoft Fix It".

2. Copy PSE install folder to the root of the system drive(c:). This can be done from  the CD or the Download Folder.

3. Deleted the regkey for "admui3.fon"

Use regedit to search for admui3.fon, delete the key.

4. Add the regkey that will allow MS Installer Service to run in safe mode. See Link

4sysops.com/archives/tip-how-to-install-and-uninstall-a-program-in-safe-mode/

6. Reboot into safemode

5. Delete the failed install folder  "\Program files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements <version>"

7. Start the Microsoft installer Service, goto a command prompt and type "net start msiserver".

8. Once the MSIServer has started, run the install of Photoshop

9. reboot

Links:

How to install and uninstall a program in Safe Mode

http://4sysops.com/archives/tip-how-to-install-and-uninstall-a-program-in-safe-mode/

Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, keitht. This didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found another route to a solution, this has worked for me multiple times on different broken configs. It's hackish, but seems reliable:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5982666

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am posting this in hopes it will help someone else.  I just bought a new computer - Windows 10 clean install, i7 core, 120 gig SSD system drive (C:) with a one terabyte traditional drive (D:), 12 gigs of DDR4 and an Nvidia 1060 graphics card.  I run Adobe CC products and installed several of those first, not that it makes a difference (but it might).  Because I am not editing much video right now and did not want to use Premiere Pro, I decided to install my licensed copy of Adobe Premiere Elements 12.  I recalled from the first installation on my old computer that the program's installer package was buggy as hell so I copied the files from the DVD onto a flash drive and placed them at the root of my D: drive in hopes installing there to save space on my system SSD.  Unlike many programs today, the Elements 12 installer allows changing the installation path.

My first several attempts at installing Elements 12 on my D drive failed with the following error:  "The installation process has encountered an error while installing Adobe Elements 12 Organizer" (the Organizer may well be a part of the "shared technology" install failure that others have received).  In fact, this is the only error I ever received but I received it no matter what I did.  I tried moving the installation files to root of my C drive and installing to the default path:  C:/Program Files/Adobe.  NO GO!  Nothing worked and the installation always returned the Organizer error before rolling back the installation and deleting all the files.  So here's what I did to solve the problem and finally install Elements 12 on my D drive. It appears that this method will work on the primary system drive as well.  It may also work with versions of Premiere Elements other than 12.  These instructions assume you have the Elements installation files in a folder at the root of whatever drive you intend to install to. 

1.  Run the Elements 12 installer to install to your preferred drive in /Program Files/Adobe. Allow the installation to fail and roll back.

2.  In my case, a folder called Elements 12 Organizer was left behind in the /Program Files/Adobe folder after rollback. See below if you do not have an Organizer folder leftover after install and rollback. 

3.  Create a backup folder - I named mine APE12back - at the root of the drive to which you are trying to install Elements 12.

4.  Copy - DO  NOT CUT - the Elements 12 Organizer folder into your backup folder.

5.  Download and run the Ccleaner registry cleaner program.

6.  Reboot the computer.

7.  Right-click on the Elements 12 installer and click Run as Administrator.

8.  Allow the installer to complete and display the error message.  DO NOTHING ELSE FOR NOW!

9.  Go to the /Program Files/Adobe folder and you should see a new folder called Adobe Premiere Elements 12.

10. Copy - DO NOT CUT - the entire Adobe Premiere Elements 12 folder to your backup folder.

11. In Windows 10, press Control/Alt/Delete and select Task Manager.  Under Apps, select the Windows 32-bit Installer and click End Task. The installer will close.

12. Even though the Elements 12 installer is closed, some of its processes apparently continue.  If you watch the /Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 12 folder, the files there will disappear one by one. However, it seems that the program's registry entries are not deleted. 

13. Once all the files in the /Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 12 folder are gone, delete the folder itself if it remains.

14. If a new Organizer folder has been installed in the /Program Files/Adobe/ folder, delete it as well.

15. Copy - DO NOT CUT - the Adobe Premiere Elements and Organizer folders from your backup folder to /Program Files/Adobe/.

16. Go to /Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 12 folder.  Just a few entries below the program's folders, you will see two Elements 12 application files.  The first is called Adobe Premiere Elements 12 and the second is named Adobe Premiere Elements.

17. Double-click the SECOND file - Adobe Premiere Elements.  This will open a dialogue box allowing you to sign into the Adobe website to activate and run Elements 12.

Installing the program in this way did not add an Elements 12 shortcut to the start menu or the desktop.  Once I had the program up and running, I pinned the .exe file to the task bar and felt no pain.

If you do not have an Organizer file leftover after your first failed installation, start at step 8 and substitute backing up the Organizer folder for backing up the Elements folder.  Just make sure not to kill the installer until after you have copied the Organizer folder to your backup folder.

You should be able to delete the installation files after getting the program running. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines