• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loaded onto my HP laptop Elements 12 and Premier Elements 12 from the cd that came in the combo package purchased yesterday.  Photo Elements 12 loads fine, Premier Elements 12 will not open and gives me an error message 0xe000007b (and something like cannot open )  Uninstalled PhotoElements 12 and reinstalled but still get the same error code and message.  Any ideas? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jgh,

Thanks for posting on Adobe Fourms,

1. Try to find Security update for Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and Remove

The KB I have found and remove in one case is KB2467173 in the updates for Visual C++ 2010  and fixed the issue

1. Try to remove all the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable and Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Packages (both x86 and x64) from the Control Panel

2. Download and install following Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
    3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    4. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)3
    5. 3.After this Try to Reinstall premiere elements 11.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandeep,

1. Followed your instructions below but Premier Elements still will not load and I get the same error message. I noticed I also have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) & (x64) listed but did not remove and replace them. I have now noticed that my Caps and Numeric key lights do not work even though they still function properly when toggled and was wondering if the removal and readding of the 2008 and 2010 packages could have caused this. Have not tried the additional info from John T. Smith that followed your first email and will hold off till I hear back from you.

2. Thanks for any additional suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jgh,

Thanks for reply,

Did you try to reinstall those C++ packages on the system ?

please try to download a dll file from

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4eWI-NGpmnuTUxPQVIxYThSNlE/edit?usp=sharing

The package contains the files msvcr100.dll and msvcr80.dll. Extract the package contents to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements [version]

Regards,

Sandeep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandeep,

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much. Now, all of a sudden, Photoshop Elements 12 will only load the trial version and I loaded the full version from same cd at the same time as Premier. It was loading properly last week and I can’t think of anything I did to make it switch to the trial version. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jgh

Have you resolved your Photoshop Elements 12 concerns since your December 12, 2013 post (5)? If not....

Are you saying that, if you get the Photoshop Elements 12 tryout dialog presented to you,

a. you cannot ignore the Continue Trial

and

b. then use the License this product field to insert your purchased serial number?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did resolve the problem following the email suggestions from Sandeep Singh about adding msvcr100.dll and msvcr80.dll to the Premier Elements 12 location. Thanks for your follow up also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jgh

Thanks for reply.

I understood that Sandeep Singh helped you with the Premiere Elements issue of the 0xe000007b error, but what about the Photoshop Elements problem that you asked about when you wrote the following?

Now, all of a sudden, Photoshop Elements 12 will only load the trial version and I loaded the full version from same cd at the same time as Premier.

That is why I wrote to ask the following, asking

Have you resolved your Photoshop Elements 12 concerns since your December 12, 2013 post (5)? If not....

Are you saying that, if you get the Photoshop Elements 12 tryout dialog presented to you,

a. you cannot ignore the Continue Trial

and

b. then use the License this product field to insert your purchased serial number?

If the Photoshop Elements 12 matter is resolved, how did you do that?

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall having done just what you have suggested here, to put the license serial numbers in the Elements trial area, and it worked fine after that. Never understood why it worked fine for a few days since I recall entering the serial numbers during the initial startup and then suddenly jumped to the trial version. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every body,

I install my adobe premiere element 12.. Windows 7 Pro, before it was working 100% ok... I did re-install my W7 Pro and now  when I clic to boot the software it stop where the picture show... it does's go further.  Could you help me on this....

Tnx

Andre

Plantage.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still happens in 2017.  I feel like a complete asshole because I just purged a laptop to give adobe my money and it simply wont run photoshop. Same error.

"Your reply was rejected by a moderator. Please edit your reply and resubmit it for approval."

Horse has left the barn. And really? You want me to edit this for clarity?  Happy to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nigel, do you really want to post your issues to a 4 year old thread?

If you'd like us to help you with some troubleshooting, I'd recommend you start a new thread. Most of the people who participated in this original conversation haven't been on this forum in years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, other discussion of that error http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1099431 if Sandeep's ideas don't help... for Premiere Pro, but may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

this is not necessary a redistributable packages error, best name for this error may be "cannot load dll correctly"

for any reason - function not found or version is too old or something like that

this is my procedure how to find wrong dll

1.) download Process Monitor by Sysinternals (now hosted on Microsoft)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896645.aspx

2.) start Process Monitor (start capture if not started) and try start any Adobe product (if one fail on this error everyone fails)

Adobe product throw error 0xc000007b, click ok and go back to Process Monitor

3.) stop capture with 3rd icon (magnifying glass)

4.) find Adobe product (in my example Photoshop) and choose filter like you see on picture

00.png

this delete any other process lines from list

5.) now you can see how Adobe product load Image Files (dll)

normaly it looks like u can see on picture

01.png

you can see Opperation = Load Image and in details return of Image Base and address

6.) if you go to end where process exit himself, you can see this

02.png

on this picture you can see Photoshop is trying load "msvcr100.dll" but no successfull Load Image operation or Image Base address

Process try find correct dll on many different places, but no luck, after that Process Exit call and close himself

and so this dll is wrong or cannot be loaded correctly

7.) download another version from http://www.dll-files.com/ and find which work and which dont

this is example when i try rewrite glu32.dll with older one and get same error, but in Process Monitor is clearly see what happened

03.png

again no successful Image Load operation and no Image Base address = same 0xc000007b error

I hope I helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hardxor

Just a reminder that you have posted in a 2 years old thread where Adobe's Sandeep Singh resolved jgh's Premiere Elements thread issue

(including the Photoshop Elements part). Please refer to posts 4, 5, and 7 (including downloads)..

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is where I ask…. my Premiere 12 all of a sudden doesn't open on my Mac OS X 10.8.5. I reboot and it may open and then it plays correctly a project for few seconds then the video goes still and only audio plays. When I reopen to another file to see if that is the problem, it does not recognize the files are there and I haven't moved them.

I can shut down restart and now I get the welcome screen then it goes blank. Nothing. It started yesterday just spinning forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jazziegirl

Best to start your own new thread on your issue, but I will start with some questions and comments to get you started until you post again.

1. Are you working with the 12.1 Update of 12 on Mac?

2. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

3. Is your Mac updates current, along with QuickTime 7 installed on your computer?

4. Have you optimized your computer? Piriform - CCleaner Mac Do not go beyond the free product, that should do the job if computer optimization is needed. Have you gone through all the Mac clean up spots.

Important...are these issues related to one particular project with one particular source of videos for the project?

If you open a new project, with new source videos, does the problem still exist?

Do you have installation files or disc and the purchased serial number for 12? It may come down to uninstall/reinstall. I would delay that for now until we get more information on the problem. I found 12 to be one of the more difficult of versions to reinstall after an uninstall.

Looking forward to your follow up as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Not updated. That is another problem I've had since last year. I had the trial downloaded then purchased the photoshop/premiere set at Best Buy and uploaded it. I did this it looks like on June 10, 2014. Since then every time I open it. I get the trial screen which says I have something like 3000000 days. Won't open any files so I shut it down reopen and then everything was working great till yesterday.

2-3. I have not upgraded by Mac to Yosemite so my graphic card has not been done either. I was reading about everyones problems with it so decided to wait to see if kinks got worked out.

4. Just did the CCleaner Mac. No change

Maybe all this does matter. I just don't understand how one minute everything is fine and then of'course on big deadline, nothing works.

It went from difficult opening a project- to video becoming still- to now I can't even open the program.

I have checked to see if all my files are good on my external drive and all is good there.

I really appreciate all your help and so quickly. I did start a new thread but saw this one and hoped to get quick help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now able to open the application but it still does not recognize my files in the previously made projects.

I am able to make a new project which is great. I know I have not moved the files so it appears for some reason it is not connecting to them. Any ideas? I just don't want to do a ton of work and loose it again or not be able to open the program. Thank you.

I apologize I should know more I'm not a technical person.... just a photographer. We bought Pro for a PC at work but the learning curve just doesn't fit with my deadlines right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jazziegirl

Thanks for the update. Just want to make sure we are OK on the details...

1. At this time you can open Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Mac.

2. The problem is now opening saved closed projects.

a. When you try to open these projects, do you get "Where is the file _____?" messages. If so, are you confirming that these files still exist on the hard drive at the location where they were when they were imported into any of these projects? If you did not move any of the sources for your Timeline, did you rename any of them after the projects were saved closed?

If you get these messages, can you click on Skip All on the first of these messages to get into the Premiere Elements workspace even if you see lots of colorful Media Offline displays?

Do you recall what the last action was in any of these projects before they were saved closed? And, when you saved closed these projects, what was the duration and complexity of the Timeline content?

Where have you stored the files that went into these projects?

After the above, please go through the following Adobe document on troubleshooting damaged projects and then we will focus each step in that scheme of troubleshooting.

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jazziegirl

Please reply to post 16 above in the new thread that you have created for your issue. That new thread is found

Premiere Elements 12 audio/video not working properly

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Could it be a memory problem on the mac just opening all the footage for review? All the files are on external drives. I've been checking all kinds of saved programs and all are back with the exception of two that I know of. The one I had been working on yesterday I just reopened. This morning it was stills with audio. It now has a green box with the correct image in the timeline and it's just spinning. Thank you for all your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn. Rebooted to see if it would work. I can't open Premiere again. I get the welcome screen ask to open a previous program and the screen disappears. Just tried new project and same result.The wheel just spins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines