• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 Missing TOC when viewed using IE11

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have generated webhelp using RH10.  The webhelp works fine with both Firefox and Chrome but when I display the webhelp from my local machine using IE11 the TOC is missing.

Here is a screenshot.

IE_image.png

I also notice that the index is missing as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run in Compatibility mode and add the location as a Trusted Site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10 webhelp in IE11 does not work and is a known bug that has been reported to Adobe.

If you run the developer tools in IE11 (F12 key), select the Emulation Tab and change Document Mode from Edge (default) to 10, you will find your webhelp displays correctly.

This is something that MS has introduced in IE11. However, no one has yet suggested a way to make this setting "stick" once the developer tools are closed.

Report this issue as a bug to Adobe - the more users report it, the earlier Adobe may start working on a fix.

There is another work around, forcing IE11 to open the site in an earlier version emulation mode, but apparently this causes problems for users of IE whose version is not the same as the forced mode.

Have a look at earlier posts on this forum about this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 11 fixes this particular issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email advising that RH11 fixes the IE11 issues. With great hopes I advised my colleagues, one of whom downloaded the RH11 trial download to install and test their webhelp output.

After converting two of his webhelp projects, unfortunately, RH11 DOES NOT appear to fix the IE11 problems - the table of contents is still missing after importing projects and regenerating webhelp.

C'mon Adobe - a supposed "fix" should work seamlessly first time out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the answer be as in posts 7 and 8 at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6030838?tstart=0#6030838 ?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Montage9 Did the above fix the problem?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded the Trial Version of Robohelp 11 and this did seem to fix the issue.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp