• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription for Captivate 5.5 and licencing

Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My line manager is currently paying for a month on month subscription for me to use Captivate 5.5 on my desktop machine at work. I'd like to run it on my laptop when out of office, i.e. single device use at any one time. Is it possible to deactivate and reactivate the product any number of times, or is there a limit? Is there a practical problem with this, such as having to also deinstall and reinstall the software?

Also on that subscription which was bought for v5.5, am I entitled to upgrade to v6 at no extra cost? The wording for the subscription programme suggested that it kept your software at the latest version.

Many thanks

Andy

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can Download Adobe Captivate 6 as a Trial from : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=captivate

Once you launch Captivate 6 installation, choose Start my Subscrition and Enter your Adobe ID and password.

As per your requirement it seems you want to use Captivate 5.5 on 2 computers (Work's Desktop and Laptop), so you should buy the Retail version for Adobe Captivate (As you can install and work on 2 computer [One computer at a time])

Deactivating and Reactivation has a limit, and after that you might face issue while using Adobe Captivate.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2012 Aug 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Vikram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do apologize for asking this, but it is very important that we do not make an error with this.

My university is starting e-learning project and me and my colleague will be the lead creators for that project. We decided that the best programs for us are Adobe Captivate, Presenter and Premier, maybe Photoshop. But since we will do this along with lecture and other tasks for us seams too expensive to get subscription since we might use it one hour or xxx hours per month so we decided to purchase E-learning suit. Once again there was an issue since suite doesnt contain latest Captivate 7 and Presenter 9 so we had to see the programs separately.

Since  we work half on desktop half mobile on laptop we need to get programs for desktop and laptop. According to your statement above all we need is to purchase 1 licence per instructor, one for each set of IT devices that they will use. Is this correct?

For what ADOBE programs  is this statement valid "1 licence - 2 devices - per one ID user"?

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources