Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

embed + compiler define works different with air 3.7+ comparing to 3.5

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I've noticed that new compiler works differently when using construct Embed with conditional compilation (comoiler define option).

It looks like new compiler always embeds files in output swf even if Embed construct is used in dead code. Here is full example:

package {

import flash.display.MovieClip;

public class Main extends MovieClip {

CONFIG::FOO {

[Embed(source="foo.mp3")]

public static var MusicTrack: Class;

}

CONFIG::BAR {

[Embed(source="bar.mp3")]

}

}

}

I have 2 files: foo.mp3 (~2MB) and bar.mp3 (~2.3MB). I want to embed only one of them defining CONFIG::FOO as true and CONFIG::BAR as false.

When I compile it using AIR 3.5 with following command I get (as expected) file with size ~2.0MB:

/opt/adobe_sdks/flex_sdk_4.6_AIR_3.5/bin/mxmlc -compiler.source-path . -swf-version 14 -define=CONFIG::FOO,true -define=CONFIG::BAR,false -o Main.swf -- Main.as

(...)

/private/tmp/bug/Main.swf (2030814 bytes)

But when I use newer AIR sdk (I tried with 3.7, 3.8 and 4.0 beta) I'm getting file with size ~4.3MB.

/opt/adobe_sdks/AIR_4.0/bin/mxmlc -compiler.source-path . -swf-version 14 -define=CONFIG::FOO,true -define=CONFIG::BAR,false -o Main.swf -- Main.as

(...)

4328386 bytes written to /private/tmp/bug/Main.swf in 9,634 seconds

Is it expected behaviour? Is there any chance that new compiler will work in this case the same as older one?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another difference I encountered is that using compiler definition directly in Embed construction doesn't work. Here is example:

public class Assets {

[Embed(source=CONFIG::MUSIC_MP3_PATH)]

}

Then I pass option to the compiler:

-define=CONFIG::MUSIC_MP3_PATH,"'sfx/music.mp3'"

With AIR 3.5 SDK it works fine. With AIR 3.7, 3.8 and 4.0 beta I'm getting file which is smaller in size (by mp3 file size) and when running I get error: TypeError: Error #1007: Instantiation attempted on a non-constructor. (when it tries to create new instance of MusicTrack).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also saw that when embedding fonts you cannot use systemfont as a source anymore... don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines