• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert epub with drm to something Mobi can read

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably considered heretical... but I wonder if there is some way to convert my drm protected *.ascm come *.epub, to something mobi pocket reader can read.

I'm sorry to say that the mobi interface just seems quite a bit nicer to me.

I'm not talking about some nasty hack-ola baloney here... these are books I have paid for and not looking to break the drm, just allow mobi to know about the licensing... and formatted so mobi can read it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No possible except via DRM stripping, I am afraid.

What device are you using Mobi on? 

If it's a tablet, there are quite a few eReader apps for Android and iPad that will take Adobe DRM (Bluefire, Aldiko (not iPad),  Overdrive).

Might be worth checking them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sjpt wrote:

No possible except via DRM stripping, I am afraid.

What device are you using Mobi on? 

If it's a tablet, there are quite a few eReader apps for Android and iPad that will take Adobe DRM (Bluefire, Aldiko (not iPad),  Overdrive).

Might be worth checking them out.

Ahh poop.  Too bad

reading on PCs (desktop and small laptop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try Sony Reader.  That is designed to go with Sony eReader devices but is a free download that can work standalone, and can read Adobe DRM books.

I don't like it very much, but you may happen to prefer it to ADE.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/topics/reader-for-pc

You might also try the older ADE.  That gives a better reading experience to my mind than the new one, as well as having many fewer bugs.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

For non-DRM books, try Calibre.  http://calibre-ebook.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they aren't DRMd/secured mobi ebooks, Calibre will do the changeover, BUT... I do this for a living (MAKE ebooks and print books for publishers and self-publishers), and going from ePub to Mobi with Calibre will always give you better results than going the other direction. Not that you have that option, I understand. In fact, my process is to always make the ePub first and move from there to Mobi/PRC to get best results in end files. No offense, but if you want to convert something that is already in it's final Mobi state to something else, you're never going to come up with the kind of results I get making a file from scratch and going through the logical steps from one format to the epub or mobi books. I used Vibosoft mobi to epub converter: this is the guide how to convert mobi file to epub format.

or Coolmsuter app:

http://www.coolmuster.com/epub/mobi-to-epub.html

all of them works,but it is paid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS :  Does iPad NOT still have the Kindle reader available? Or an old Mobi reader like Adobe Digital Editions or the really old direct Mobi reader? It might be better to read the books on your new equipment in their native format than to play with conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a try iStonsoft MOBI to ePub Converter for Mac to Convert MOBI to ePub on Mac,Follow Step-by-step Guide:

Step 1: Import MOBI books

Step 2: Output folder

Step 3: Start conversion

How to Convert MOBI to ePub on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i agree with the solutions above, and i'd like to share my way with you here! If you want to transfer your ePub format to MOBI, you can either try Calibre or iPubsoft ePub to MOBI Converter! And if you want to realise the opposite function, view this guide here which tells you how to convert MOBI files to ePub, which i think is also very useful:

http://www.ipubsoft.com/mobi-to-epub-converter-for-mac/how-to-convert-mobi-to-epub-for-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as a warning to people reading here ...

I'm pretty sure that none of these addresses the original question 'epub with DRM'.

Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines