• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert PDF Chrome extension does not appear/install (Acrobat XI)

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I installed Acrobat XI, the Chrome extension to convert webpages to PDF does not install or appear in Chrome. I tried repair installation from Help menu of Acrobat, it still did not resolve the question. The extension also does not appear on the extension list, in case you're wondering its deactivated.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What extensions are currently enabled in Chrome here: chrome://chrome/extensions/

Also do you have Acrobat XI Pro or Standard?  Have you updated to 11.0.01?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the problem is that the extension is not even showing on the extensions list in the settings!

I did update to the last version 11.0.01 with no effect. Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the PDFMaker (Convert Web Page to PDF) showing up in any other browsers, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, showing in both IE and Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Chrome is installed? Also, do you have any other extensions installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the latest version, chrome 24. I have a few other extensions installed and they work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For testing, please try disabling the other extensions within Chrome, then run a repair of Acrobat via Help > Repair Acrobat Installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work either... 😕

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:21 PM, David Kastendick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I'd suggest the following:

• Uninstall Google Chrome
  • Restart your computer
  • Download the latest Chrome installer
  • Install Chrome
  • Launch Acrobat and repair Acrobat

This will check to see if we're running into a plugin conflict as there shouldn't be any plugins or extensions in your fresh Chrome install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2013 Jan 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have accidentally removed the Create PDF plugin from Chrome.

Please add the extension again through the following workflow:

• Open the Chrome's extensions page by clicking on Tools -> Extensions. Keep it opened.
  • Open the Acrobat Installation location and then go to "Browser\WCChromeExtn\". A file named WCChromeExtn.crx might be present there.
  • Drag the crx file into the Chrome extensions window.
  • A dialog will come up to Confirm the addition of the new extension. Click Add.
  • Now, the extension should appear in the extensions window.
  • If the enabled checkbox is unchecked, please check it to enable the extension.
  • The icon should now show up in the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh weird... that's the thing.. I dont have the WCChromeExtn folder there!

Only firefox and the netscape-like dll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me which operating system you are using.

When you first installed Acrobat 11, was it an upgrade from Acrobat 10 or a fresh install of Acrobat 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also please tell me when you first installed Acrobat 11, was it an upgrade from Acrobat 10 or a fresh install of Acrobat 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah exactly, it was upgraded from version 10, although I can't remember if I

uninstalled 10 before installing 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried out the upgrade scenario as well. In my case, the Web Capture extension is showing up in Chrome.

Did you try what David had suggested (9th reply)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.. did not work either. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be some problem while installation itself. Please share the MSI logs so that we may be able to isolate the issue.

To get the MSI logs, please uninstall Acrobat XI, enable MSI logging and re-install Acrobat XI. Then look for MSIxxx.log in the %temp% folder and send it across. If you wish to avoid uninstalling-reinstalling, then you may enable MSI logging and repair Acrobat from Add-Remove programs and send the logs. (Note: Repairing from Add-Remove Programs is not the same as repairing from Acrobat)

To enable MSI logging in Windows 7, do the following:

Create following at: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\]

• "Logging"="voicewarmupx"

Regkey.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did was check the plugin folder for Firefox, I found it there. To make things easy, I just went to my C drive and entered WCChromeExtn.crx into the search bar and let the computer do the work for me. I found it, opened Coolnovo(same as google chrome) went to the extension page, dragged the crx from the plugin folder onto the extension page and it was done. I hoped it helped. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Coolnovo in pedrommts' solution?  I have the same problem.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this is OLD  BUT I am having the SAME Problem, as in:

Recently My CHROME WEB Browser has UPDATED itself and the {{ Convert Web Page to PDF }} is NOT showing up any Longer....

My "other" Web Browsers were DELETED Long Ago due to IE CONSTANTLY Locking my Computer up, I got Real tired of that, so I REMOVED it with EXTREME Prejudice! I do NOT like the Firefox Browser so I don know if dose show up there or not.

and when I go to my Directory

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Browser\WCChromeExtn

The Folder is EMPTY....  as in NO Files.

I have SEARCHED C:\ and there is NO WCChromeExtn.crx file found on my Hard Drive at all.....

SO WHERE can I find the File ....    WCChromeExtn.crx....           To DOWNLOAD So that I may FIX this Problem???

THank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the procedure to find Acrobat Chrome extension on my omputer whenever I want it?

Here are the steps:

1.Download and install this free utility software to index all of your files BY NAME in your hard drive(s)

Site link is here, software is completely free and clean, I am using this 3-5 years now.

http://www.indexyourfiles.com/

http://www.indexyourfiles.com/download/setup.exe

2.Install it and index your hard drives, especially your system drive, iindexing will finish within 2-5 minutes.

3.Make a search with WCChromeExtn.crx, it will find it.

Note:

This extension only installed when you install Acrobat software, not Reader.

If you still can not find it this is the new version here:

http://www.firedrive.com/file/A7F3E0508CCACB13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines