• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Database Connection in Business Catalyst

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created Registration and Login pages using The Business Catalyst existing forms.  They look great but now I want to accumulate the information input by visitors during the registration process in a searchable database.  What is the easiest way to do this using the Business Catalyst?  Should I use PHP or Coldfusion?  Is it necessary to create a Testing Server on my computer or is my Business Catalyst Test site sufficient for making a database connection and testing. Should I use a SQL database or a Microsoft Access Database or some other Database?

TOPICS
CRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Hey there,

You can not use server side code in Business Catalyast. It is a software as a solution system. It is also .net based.

So php, coldfusion wont work.

For what your doing, you are creating a registration process? All you need to do is create a Business Catalyst web form and select the data you want to captcha and it will store the information agaisnt a customer based on the email as the unique identifier into the CRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

You can not use server side code in Business Catalyast. It is a software as a solution system. It is also .net based.

So php, coldfusion wont work.

For what your doing, you are creating a registration process? All you need to do is create a Business Catalyst web form and select the data you want to captcha and it will store the information agaisnt a customer based on the email as the unique identifier into the CRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info!  Sounds a lot simpler than trying to set up a testing Server and connecting in either Cold Fusion of PHP.  Now a simple question ... what exactly does CRM stand for?  Is it Customer Resource Management?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Relationship Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines