Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

After Effects 12.2 Cache won't empty

Dec 14, 2013 12:43 PM

Hello, just updated to the new AE version and really soon i run in a problem. The Purge - All memory and disc cache doesn't work anymore. I can't delete the cache even in the preference window. Nothing happens. It recognize the exact space occupied by the cache, but if i press ok i have a flash and nothing happens. I've deleted the old 12.1 cache folder, reset AE preferences, delete the folder again, restart the computer. Simply it doesn't work anymore. I've read that there is an update to this function, but for me is somethig that have broken what is ever work, since 12.0. So, 12.0 and 12.1 works... 12.2 no!

Sorry, but i'm a bit frustrated...nothing seems to go in the right way with CC software, at least for me.

I've not changed anything in my system, i have only CC apps on a fresh formatted system.

If there is something that i can try, please let me know...

Thank you,

Roberto

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2013 1:10 PM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

Roberto, we can reproduce this in European OS installs. It appears to be related to the difference in numbers for decimal marks. Thanks for the report. We are looking at a fix.

As a test, could you create a new folder at the root of the drive called Temp? Then, go into the disk cache preference and then click on Choose Folder and select this newly created "Temp" folder as the disk cache folder. See if disk cache purging then works correctly for you and let us know.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

Thanks for the quick update. If you already are targetting a non-default location folder then there is no need to test further. I will have an Italian system to test with on Monday and will be able to test the fix on that system. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2013 3:40 PM   in reply to Will_Lockwood

Until we can push out a fix the workaround is to manually delete the disk cache folder when desired or temporarily set the OS regional numbers setting to US numbering for decimal and thousands.

numbers.png

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2013 4:36 PM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

Thanks for the good feedback. Note that automatic disk cache purging will still honor the disk cache size limit setting in the preferences regardless of regional numbers setting.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2014 4:46 PM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

FYI: We found a problem with the bug-fix update, so we needed to build a new patch and redo some testing. We're still working on this and hope to have a bug-fix update out within a week or two.

In the meantime, here's a post about some known issues (including this one) and their workarounds:

http://adobe.ly/Lyq9D8

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2014 12:24 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

This problem is addressed by the After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update, which is now available:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1221

Note the part at the end of that page about a crucial update for the Creative Cloud desktop application, which addresses some severe problems with AME, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points