• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When CC will deliver fonts from Typekit to my desktop?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delivering fonts from Typekit to my desktop — one of the reasons I bought a subscription.

Since the the launch of CC, font and file sharing features deliver only one message "Comming soon".

When to expect these features to go live??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Hi,

We have started rolling out the new font sync feature from Typekit in Creative Cloud.  You can learn more and sign up for access from this blog post:

http://blog.typekit.com/2013/08/08/sign-up-for-early-access-to-desktop-font-sync/

You’ll be able to sync the fonts to your computer and use them in all your applications for web mockups, print design, word processing, and more. This help page lists the foundries and faces that will be initially available for desktop:

http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1189216-coming-soon-syncing-fonts-to-your-desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have started rolling out the new font sync feature from Typekit in Creative Cloud.  You can learn more and sign up for access from this blog post:

http://blog.typekit.com/2013/08/08/sign-up-for-early-access-to-desktop-font-sync/

You’ll be able to sync the fonts to your computer and use them in all your applications for web mockups, print design, word processing, and more. This help page lists the foundries and faces that will be initially available for desktop:

http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1189216-coming-soon-syncing-fonts-to-your-desktop

If you have any further questions, feel free to drop us a line at: support@typekit.com.

Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with your reply Ben.

I signed up for Creative Cloud. I'm paying for that subscription. Included in that subscription, was typekit.  I have read instructions, and watched Adobe.TV video's showing me how to access something - I don't have access to!

Now we are being asked to jump through hoops, sign up for "Early Access"... Beg to be considered from the first come first serve list, keep an eye on emails to see that I am lucky and have been chosen to have something I am ALREADY paying for...

EVEN WORSE!!! You are telling us, SELECTED users already have it!!

WHAT!!!!?

This is an extract from your website telling you what's included when you sign up

"Welcome to the Download Center!

Find all of the Adobe desktop applications, services and touch apps that are part of your Creative Cloud membership."

TYPEKIT is one of the items on that list.

Here is a reply from another of your own staff Liz:

1.Liz, Typekit Support,

Oct 15, 2013 1:50 PM   in reply to pearlyshell

Hi pearlyshell,

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  Syncing fonts to your desktop is available with a full Creative Cloud membership or a Portfolio, Performance, or Business Typekit plan.

Please advise that I/we will not have to endure weeks/months of waiting for something we are already paying for and not being allowed to use.

That's like delivering someone's new car minus the new audio system that was promised and adding vinegar to the wound by telling them it's okay because aother "SELECT" owners are currently enjoying theirs!

JM

Very confused, and slight didillusioned, CC member

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JM,

Sorry for all the frustration here. I'm sorry the information there wasn't clear.

If you would please send an email to: support@typekit.com with your Creative Cloud subscription/Adobe ID, I'd be happyt to check on the status for you.

Let me know and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines