Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with audio export blocked at 8000 hz since AE CC 12.2.0.52

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Today it's a mess, I don't know if it's my iMac which is dying or what, but several problems.

I try to export a comp, it has worked well and today, the frequency of the audio in the render parameter is blocked at 8000 hz, when I try to use another frequency and confirm, the frequency is back at 8000 hz !!! I try with other audio files, but it's the same problem...

solution ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Here are the the details of the After Effects CC (12.2.1) bug-fix update, which is now available:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_1221

This update fixes the audio sampling bug, as well as several other issues.

Note the part at the end of that page about a crucial update for the Creative Cloud desktop application, which addresses some severe problems with AME, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've the exact same problem since the update.

It's set to 8,000 Khz and it can't be changed (at least it's not taken into account) 😕

Sad... Hope they will fix it really soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened here. Since this morning. One of our three computers has this problem... The other two seen fine, with the same update,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i found a temporary fix, when you change to the resolution you want, it works, even if it's not set in the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to work. Even though it looks like it keeps on skipping back to 8000. When I rendered something after putting it on 48000, it worked fine. Weird. Hope they get it fixed soon. Tanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tips !! I'll test...

Another painful solution is to export only video with AE and to import this rendered video in a new comp with audio, and to export the whole thing with Media Encoder for the final version....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system specs? This would be helpful to others incase this will be an issue to them as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in After Effects CC (12.2). My apologies for this. We've already identified the problem code and our developer knows how to fix it.

You can avoid the bug by double-checking the audio sample rate value, and changing it if necessary, as your last action before you click OK in the Output Module Settings dialog.

The bug is that the audio sample rate value is being changed when it should not be when you do one of the following:

1. Open the Output Module Settings dialog
  2. Change the Format in the Output Module Settings
  3. Open and OK the Format Settings dialog

When this happens, the audio sample rate is changed to the lowest value acceptable for the format and the codec you have selected. For example, with QuickTime the lowest value is 8kHz, and for MXF OP1a the only acceptable value is 48kHz.

Here's the important part: when you OK the Output Module Settings dialog, as normal it will save and use the current value (ie., whatever you set it to) for the audio sample rate. This bug is only a user interface problem that causes the audio sample rate control to be reset when the actions listed above happen.

That means that as long as you keep an eye on the audio sample rate setting and change it as your last action before OK'ing the Output Module Settings dialog, you'll get the result you want. You can verify what setting will be used by twirling open the Output Module settings summary in the Render Queue panel.

You can also define an Output Module template (Edit > Templates) with the settings you want to use, and the audio sample rate will be applied as expected when you use this template. However, be aware that this bug will also occur when you open the Output Module Settings dialog to create the Output Module template, so make sure that you double-check the audio sample rate before OK'ing the dialog for the template.

(Under the hood, what is happening is the 3 actions above occur cause the Output Module dialog to initialize all of its parameter controls. Normally during this initialization the values for all of these parameters are set to their stored values. The bug is that the audio sample rate parameter is failing to initialize, so the value resets to index zero, the lowest acceptable value for the given format. The bug is due to some re-wiring we did in this dialog.)

Again, apologies that this bug exists. The fix will be in our next release, though I don't have a schedule to give you on that at this moment. Until then please use the workaround of double-checking the audio sample rate value before OK'ing, or to create and apply Output Module templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my job because of this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not use AME to encode instead of AE itself? I've never used AE to finish up, just AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've already identified the problem code and our developer knows how to fix it.

The fix will be in our next release, though I don't have a schedule to give you on that at this moment.

You know the problem and how to fix it. Release it now. Dont make us wait for your schedule, we have our own. By the time most of us remember that there is a problem and workaround, it will be once the render is complete. And that will be too late for some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update? Any date of when it will be release?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No release date to share for the fix right now. We are evaluating options for this and other bug fixes. We'll share more information after we have a plan in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurry up please, this is continously biting me in the ass. I would use AME, but it crashes on open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really has to be fixed now, with an emergency update release not on some update calendar in the future, I'm (and a lot of others) losing many precious hours in production because of this bug. I keep rendering, and it ends up at a horrible sound quality, only to have to go back in an re-render it yet again...and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing render like crazy for the last 3 weeks and no problem... This afternon, after 4 or 5 render, the bug appeared!!! Why? Nothing as changed except updating InDesign CC, which should not influence After Effect... Please a release like tomorrow!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our current target is to release a bug-fix update by the end of January, if all goes well. This update will include more than just this single fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of stuff needs to be fixed RIGHT AWAY.  We should NOT have to wait for some other updates to fix something that is part of a cruicial feature of the interface.

It is unnecceptable that this is still an issue a month since discovery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if we were to just do an update with a single fix, it would take time. We need to test the fix, make sure that it doesn't break something else, test the patch mechanism, etc.

We are releasing this update as quickly as is feasible without rushing and then introducing the risk of breaking something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue and a work around. If you are going from After Effects.... to Premiere... then to Pro-Tools, You have to make sure it is set to 48k (48k is the only one i needed), and you have to render each composition separately using the fix above.

It sucks... and it takes way more time then just rendering everything at once, but hey, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd,

I know these things take time.  I know of your dedication as I remember you helping people out since the mograph.net days.

All of the things you mention for the process of a patch are valid and should not be skipped.

Where I'm coming from is that, for a patch that addresses something that effects A LARGE PORTION of renders that your customers are outputing from After Effects, this is taking too long.  Adobe, the company, needs to put forth the necessary resources to fix this in less than a months time and/or have the organization in such a way, that a fix to something like this does not have to wait to be bundled in other patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is horrendous Adobe!  AE used to be the most stable app until you switched over to CC on subscription base.  Now I have lost all confience and trust in you.  I have been using AE since version 3.1 withj no complaints until CC came.  Things are supposted to get better, not worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to take us much longer to get a fix out... many months in some cases. In this case, the fix will be coming out in the month after the bug was found.

So, why does this diminish your confidence in us? We have made mistakes in the past, too.

We are sorry for this mistake, and we are working to fix it. I just don't understand why you think that this is somehow worse than the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Todd on this one - fixes and updates are coming out at a much faster rate now. Also especially since the subscription model, they seem to be focusing on workflow improvements more and less on flashy and nearly pointless new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines