• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 10 Font Changing Upon Generation

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After generation some font is still in Arial (as it should be) but some font is changing to Times New Roman.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generation of what?

WebHelp, CHM, printed documentation?

Specific styles such as Normal, Headings etc?

In Lists?

Clues appreciated.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are generating HTML files that are created/converted by Robohelp from MS Word documents.  The font is changed from Arial to Times New Roman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CHMs use HTML files as does WebHelp.

Changed from Arial in Word to Times New Roman in the Rh source projects?

If so it is likely a mapping issue. Is this your first attempt at importing or have you been doing it for some time and have hit this issue for the first time?

Take a look at Importing on my site. If that doesn't help, post back.

This is not Twitter. We do allow more than 140 characters in posts.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.  Do you have a direct link to the formatting site?  We are still reviewing this internally.  I am representing the users of this application so my apologies for the long pause (holidays etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a link to my site in my signature below. In the menu look at RoboHelp > Importing.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for your input.

Here is some background information on our issue...

We are trying to upgrade from RoboHelp 8 to RoboHelp 10 to improve efficiency. With our RoboHelp 8 system we currently import Microsoft Word documents and format them accordingly by adding hyperlinks, bookmarks, tables, etc. where necessary. We often receive requests from other departments to make updates to the files as well. RoboHelp 8 converts the word documents to HTM files and after many updates have been made we generate the files using FlashHelp. We have been using this process for years and our project contains over 2,000 files. The web pages are instrumental

We copied the project files and have been testing with RoboHelp10. Just about everything works correctly. We can import documents without a problem and make updates. The issue we are having is that for some reason, after generation, some of the documents' font is changing from Arial to Times New Roman and I have yet to find a logical explanation. When I open the problematic files in RoboHelp 10 the font is indicated as Arial throughout the whole file (as it should). Yet when I look at the generated web page the font is displaying as Times New Roman. This is not happening for all of our files, just some. It is also not occuring for just recently updated files, as some of the files haven't been touched in years. I have tried re-applying the font type for the document and the issue still occured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Just wanted to follow up on this.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Importing had quite a number of changes at 9.0.2.

Can you share one of the documents that leads to this problem? If you can, see the Contact page on my site and send the document as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the document direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp