• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open/install CS4 applications on Mavericks

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading http://forums.adobe.com/message/5843297 I am beginning to panic a bit about getting my CS4 applications to run properly on my new Macbook Pro running Mavericks. I am in desperate need of these programs since my old MBP is cracked and broken, and unable to stand up.

I migrated to Mavericks using the Migration Assistant from a Time Machine Backup (running the Java prompt that pops up (see https://discussions.apple.com/message/23699636#23699636). Then when I open the CS4 programs I get Error: 150:30 (specific detailed message below). I looked on forums and discovered I needed to deactivate CS4 on the old laptop. I did this but still get the error. (Also, I am still able to open CS4 programs on the old laptop even though I successfully deactivated them). Fortunately I still have my installation discs (which I can't say the same for my Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, which I will have to buy again I guess?).

Here's the message I get when trying to open CS4 programs on new laptop:

Licensing for this product has stopped working.

This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched.

If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer, please contact either your IT administrator or Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of the screen.

Error: 150:30

I restarted and shut down multiple times and still no go.

What can I do?

PS. I am a bit afraid to uninstall and reinstall as a solution because when I put the disc in it doesn't go to an installation screen, just shows Documents and Goodies folders. I don't remember this from the original install I did on the old laptop, just remember it being really straightforward like any other program installation. The first disc I am putting in says 'Content'. Will I still be able to install from the discs on Mavericks? Wish I tried this first now before migrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

for anyone else having trouble using adobe products with mac, the important point is to NOT use migration tools.  properly uninstall your adobe products (using their uninstall) and then properly install using the adobe installer.

if you have any problem installing properly, use the cleaner after uninstalling and before re-installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cs4 you can uninstall.

run the cleaner, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer.

properly install and activate your cs4 software.  do NOT use any migration software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install Adobe programs... migrating them will not work.  If you have issues with discs you can try

downloading the trial version of the software thru the page linked below and then use your current serial number to activate it.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site and have cookies enabled in your browser or else the download will not work properly.

CS3 and CS4: http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Will do. Hopefully it will all work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a 404 error when trying to download CS4 Creative Suite. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you must follow the directions to download AFTER cleaning your system per the directions in the link i suggested in message 1:

the most common problem is caused by failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from adobe.com).

failure to obtain that cookie results in an error page being displayed after clicking a link on prodesigntools.com or initiates the download of an incorrect (eg, current) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cleaners listed state that they are all for Creative Cloud. I don't use CC, so there are no options for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cleaner is for cs3,cs4,cs5,cs5.5,cs6 and cc. 

make sure you run it if you have installation problems with any of the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm up and running again.  Using the Adobe Uninstaller I simply uninstalled everything and reinstalled it from the disc.

The cleaner accomplished nothing.

I'll post the important points of my experience here. Not that anyone will see it, or that any positive changes will come from it, but at least it will be documented.

When I called Adobe Customer Service they said I never activated the product. Interesting statement considering I was holding a printout of a five year old e-mail in my hand that said otherwise.

And the best part, they said that Adobe CS4 was not compatible with anything beyond OSX 5. I was running OSX 8 when my machine crashed and Adobe was working fine. I just installed my CS4 on a late 2013 MacBook Pro running OSX 10.9.2 and, again, it's running fine.

It was impossible to work with the people in the international call center. They had absolutely no idea what I was talking about or how to solve the issue. And the info they had was just ridiculously wrong.

I called Adobe in CA and they literally laughed me off. They could care less about my concern. It comes down to this - if you don't like CS4 than buy something else. And, of course, there is nothing else. So when you're the only game in town you get to be a prick with everyone and there is nothing the consumer can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for anyone else having trouble using adobe products with mac, the important point is to NOT use migration tools.  properly uninstall your adobe products (using their uninstall) and then properly install using the adobe installer.

if you have any problem installing properly, use the cleaner after uninstalling and before re-installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just bought a Macbook pro too and tried to install my cs4 software. I had the same thing happen. I could only see an extension and one other folder. I didn't have that issue last time either. I think that they are weeding it out and making everyone eventually join the Cloud.  Join the herd...  If there is a solution for it I would love to know!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines