• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud - only 1 computer per time?

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud: Is it true I can only use one computer at a time for the new creative cloud license?  If I spend more I can get TWO LICENSES at $100 month?

I like to use my second mac to export the movie in premiere while I am editing on my first mac. So Adobe is penalizing me because I multi-task.

Feeling ripped off. Adobe what have you done to small business owners.

http://www.bluebarngraphics.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Hi BlueBarnGraphics,

This issue caused some confusion for people when Creative Cloud was launched, including myself.

As it stands, the EULA states that you can install it on up to two computers at a time, however, you cannot use applications on those computers simultaneously. This is the case even when you are not using the same application. Sorry again for the confusion.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlueBarnGraphics wrote:

Creative Cloud: Is it true I can only use one computer at a time for the new creative cloud license?  If I spend more I can get the 1:1 license? $70/month?

I like to use my second mac to export the movie in premiere while I am editing on my first mac.

So Adobe is penalizing me because I multi-task

Feeling ripped off. Adobe what have you done to small business owners.

http://www.bluebarngraphics.com

You can install the Creative Cloud applications on up to two computers. By all means, use them both at the same time. Here's the EULA agreement, so you can see for yourself: http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/#desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why does it say on adobe website that only one computer may be used at one time. I will have to search for the link to post later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current method does say that. The CC will allow two. That is a point in favor of CC.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EULA agreement (for the current adobe from Kevins link) states I cannot use two computers at the same time:

2.5 Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the important restrictions set forth in Section 2.6, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.2 (“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.

Please advise, thank you Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things change. The EULA for CC allows the use of two computers concurrently. They said so in the videos from MAX.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Appreciate your comment

Do you have a link the the videos from MAX, it has been confusing to this point because half the people say one license can cover two computers exporting premiere while others say only one computer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link the the videos from MAX,

This was the link, it's dead now.

http://tremolo.edgesuite.net/clients/1086_adobe/20130504_max/desktop/index.html?promoid=KFLAK

They unquestionably stated that:

"New "CC" licensing allows concurrent use on two systems."

I would trust what Kevin said in post #1,

and read the EULA he linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which by the way makes CC for team 180% more expensive per seat than the base CC subscription.

Hard to justify even with the added functionalities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just called adobe and spoke to representative who said I can only use one computer, per time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, that is correct.  The new CC version doesn't come out until June 17th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response, so the current cc does not allow, but the NEW version in June WILL allow?

Is there documentation online I could see such as a link, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new documentation will probably come out with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlueBarnGraphics wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response, so the current cc does not allow, but the NEW version in June WILL allow?

Is there documentation online I could see such as a link, thanks!

Good news!

Here's the official word from my colleagues at Adobe:

Regarding using two computers at the same time with Creative Cloud applications:   You can use Creative Cloud desktop applications on two computers at once, regardless of operating system, for the individual associated with the Creative Cloud membership. See the product license agreements page for more information: http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/

See also the Creative Cloud FAQ under the heading 'Can I use the software I download from Creative Cloud on multiple computers?'  http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EULAs cited via the links do not appear to cover use of the software on a second computer at all for Creative Cloud memberships.  Section 2.1 (license rights for non-Cloud membership licensees) includes Section 2.1.3 "Portable or Home Computer Use."  However, Section 2.2 (licenses rights for Cloud membership licensees) contains no mention at all of use on a second computer - portable, home or otherwise.  Since Section 2.1 expressly says that it does not apply to Cloud membership licensees, Section 2.1.3 unfortunately seems to be irrelevant.  The discussions above regarding such rights are interesting, but unless I am missing something the Cloud license language is saying something quite different.  This is a big deal for those of us who do a lot of work at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite the listing for CC versions, it does look like the EULA posted in Kevin's link is actually for the current version of CS6, and not for the forthcoming CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's starting to sound like a paraphrase of that famous Rep. Nancy Pelosi line, "you have to buy it, to see what you get... "

Personally, I do not envy the Adobe staff right now, as things are probably still very much in flux, with details being worked out in late-night meetings.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right about it all still being in flux.  However, the clock is ticking.  My reseller is twisting our arm to license CC by the end of May, so I'm twisting their arm for a EULA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem. You can't know what is in it until it is actually released. The best you can do is trust the people who have been offering tutorials on all of the new features coming out. You don't have to buy it to find out, but you do have to wait until it is actually a product that can be purchased.

Once the CC version is released, there will be a EULA for CC.

There is absolutely no reason to upgrade before CC comes out unless you have a desire to use Muse or one of the other Creative Cloud features. It is just CS6 and if you already have it, then why pay an additional fee? Unless, like I said, you have a need for some of the cool features I have been enjoying for a few months. Why would your reseller care about a few days one way or the other?

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a pretty compelling reason to upgrade in advance for some customers.  Resellers are offering corporate customers sizable discounts on the annual fee for signing up by May 31st, plus locking in that rate for the 2nd year as well.  It can really add up, thus the concern about the licensing.  But I think you may be right that it will come down to trusting the non-binding representations made in marketing materials.  Sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is you'll find that the license isn't designed to allow two editors to work with one subscription.  Adobe could lose half their money if post houses only needed 10 subscriptions for 20 editors.  You will still probably need one license per seat.  The difference is that now that same editor could be exporting an After Effects project on one machine while he continues editing in PP on another.  The current EULA doesn't allow for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

My guess is you'll find that the license isn't designed to allow two editors to work with one subscription.  Adobe could lose half their money if post houses only needed 10 subscriptions for 20 editors.  You will still probably need one license per seat.  The difference is that now that same editor could be exporting an After Effects project on one machine while he continues editing in PP on another.  The current EULA doesn't allow for that.

That's the way I understood it as well, as explained by an Adobe staff member about a month ago. 1 license, the ability to install on two machines (PC & Mac), but limited to one instance of a program open at any one time. For example, I could legally install the CC on two computers at work and have AE running on one and PrPro running on the other, but never the same program at the one time. Is that still the case Kevin? I guess it'd be easy enough to test at work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PaulM-Aus wrote:

That's the way I understood it as well, as explained by an Adobe staff member about a month ago. 1 license, the ability to install on two machines (PC & Mac), but limited to one instance of a program open at any one time. For example, I could legally install the CC on two computers at work and have AE running on one and PrPro running on the other, but never the same program at the one time. Is that still the case Kevin? I guess it'd be easy enough to test at work..

HI PaulM-Aus,

You can use the same program on 2 computers at once. This is new to Creative Cloud applications. Have at it!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlueBarnGraphics wrote:

I just called adobe and spoke to representative who said I can only use one computer, per time.

I'm still researching this. The new EULA is not up yet, so I can't easily track down the info. I will let you know on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"By all means, use them both at the same time"

Here's what the EULA agreement you're referring to says:

"the primary user of the computer on which such software is lawfully installed may install a second copy of such software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable computer or a computer located at his or her home, provided that the software on the portable or home computer is not used at the same time as the software on the primary computer"

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/#desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines