• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen 720p/1080p SW flash blurry, HW accel clear on multiple PC.

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Running HD 720p and 1080p flash in software more full screen is blurry, like rendered at a lower res, including the interface.  Both IE and firefox do this.

In HW accel mode the interface and video are fine.

Why are you crippling the software mode?  I prefer software mode as my video card HW accel mode affects game clocks/vcore on my video card!  My 2500k quad core cpu can do 1080p with less than 5% cpu usage in sw mode.

It happened since 11.8.  Beta does it too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a bug. 

Can you point me to a video/videos that reproduce the issue?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any youtube video , running at SD or HD, the full screen interface is at lower res as you can see, also the video.

Turn hw accel mode on and you see the interface is smaller and the video isn't pixelated.

It happens also with my other pc which has onboard video.  Software mode is not rendering right, and I forget which was the last flash version that didn't do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WntxIAEsPPk&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLI46g-I12_9p7quGXXanTK2zEWL...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok tried 10.3 and get the same thing on laptop too.

So what is happening is that when you play 720p on SW, it runs the screen as 1280x720... which looks blurry on a non native 720p lcd (I have 1080p desktop and 800p laptop).

When I run a 1080p video on my 1080p desktop, it looks fine, just like hw accel was on.

SO THE VIDEO SCALING IS BUGGY AND NOT KEEPING NATIVE LCD RESOLUTION!

Is there a way to do "windowed full screen" instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines