• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

facebook doesn't recognize flash player

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have the most recent flash player and Internet Explorer, running Win 8.1. When I try to upload photos on Facebook I'm shown a prompt that says I don't have flash. I click the link, am taken to adobe where I'm told that I do have flash but am not running IE in Win 8. I've gone through the whole checklist of enabling shockwave (it was never disabled) and turing off active x filters (also already in that condition) and can't seem to get Facebook to accept that I've done everything it says that it needs me to do.
I've installed firefox to see if that would work, it gave me the same "need flash" prompt so I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest flash player. Now firefox allows me to batch upload photos but IE still thinks I don't have flash and adobe.com still thinks that I'm not running IE.
Is there anything I can do to make your product work in internet explorer?

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's NOT that Facebook doesn't rrecognize Flash Player. It doesn't recognize IE11, and if it can't recognize the browser, it won't recognize the plugins in the browser. Microsoft is aware of the problems with their new browser, but... they're in no hurry to fix it.

Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using a different browser. Trouble with that is... it's seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.

I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2013 Dec 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that actually did make some sense to me.

Firefox required that I uninstall and re-install flash, so that works. When I got my new computer the chrome installer added malware that made browsing almost impossible so I uninstalled it and am not inclined to re-install. I'll go with firefox when I want to upload photos to facebook until IE gets their act together.

Thanks again for a quick response in terms I cold understand.

james.

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines