Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Header not repeating in Printed Documentation

Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While generating the word document from RH9 (adobe tech comm suite 3.5), the Table Header rows are not repeating across pages. I have tried all options in Word, but of no use. But, if i insert a new table in the same word document, the table header row repeats. Does this have anything to do with the Robohelp Settings during WORD conversion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tables will not be created in Word to repeat but you should be able to apply that setting. You would have to do it table by table. Are you saying you have tried that and it will not work?

There is a macro on my site that is designed to apply various settings to each table in a document. You would need to edit it to do just that.

Word does not have an option to automatically apply it to all tables and it is not usually the default setting for new tables so I would guess the template has been modified.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the macros are in Authoring > Word on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter.

Actually the issue was there was an outline hidden box for each table. Hence, the Table Header was not getting applied. Removed the outline and applied Repeat Header Row.

The Header macro in your site helped to apply the Header for all the tables in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp