• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR Error Message - Application Descriptor

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon starting my computer I keep getting an error message for Adobe AIR stating, "Application descriptor could not be found for this application. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance." I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe AIR THREE times and have restared my computer with each new re-installation. The error message is still showing. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the application is incorrectly compiled or installed.  What is the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2013 Dec 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that while the error message doesn't reveal what application, using adobe air, is failing, the icon in the taskbar did clue me in, because I recongized the logo, to which application needed to be uninstalled and addressed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I successfully gotten rid of it for WINDOW 7.

This can be caused by some error/conflict with Air Adobe and any start-up programs scheduled to "open" "activated" at the first appearance of your desktop.

To find out what programs are running at the startup:

Click "Start"

type "msconfig" in the search engine at the bottom

click on "msconfig" icon appearing on top

a pop-up window titled "System Configuration" will appear

Click on "Startup" tab

At this point, I unclicked unnecessary programs that are not crucial in operating my computer.

Click "apply" or "Ok"

another pop-up window will ask you if you want to restart your computer.

I am not sure if I solved the "conflict' but certainly got rid of the annoying error message by turning off some "unnecessary" software that was automatically set to start as the computer booted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines