• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Handler "JWildCardHandler" has a bad module "IsapiModule" in its module list

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this Internal Server Error (500.21) after installing the 32 bit version of Cold Fusion on a Windows 7 Pro machine (32 bit version).  I read the posts and unchecked the IIS version 6 backward compatibility on my IIS configuration, and ran the upgrade to Version 9.0.1, but that didnt fix the problem.  Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have removed IIS 6 compatibility mode from IIS features then you also need to rebuild the connectors.

Us ethe Web Config tool to remove all connectors, and then re-add them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!

I launched the Web Config tool, clicked "Add" and it says that it "could not connect to any JRun/ColdFusion servers on host localhost. - Possible causes: *Server Not running, or *Server running and JDNI listinging port in jdni.properties blocked by TCIP/IP filtering or firewall on server, host restriction in security.properties blocking communication wiht server".

I checked the services on this computer and Coldfusion 4 Application server, .net service and Solr Services are running (i don't see any JRun4 service..) so I then checked the Windows Firewall...don't see any port being blocked.  Also turned off the windows firewall and still got the same result...

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I click through on the Web Config tool, in the "Add Web Server Configuration" screen, the JRun Host field is empty.  Is there something that didn't get installed, some Java application/server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any anti-virus or malware software installed, try turniong it off in case it is the cause of the block.

Also you should check the web config tool settings (in same folder) and make sur ethe paths are correct. If you have had multiple versions of CF installed, it may be trying to conect to previous version.

also try the suggestion in this article: http://www.michaels.me.uk/post.cfm/cfmx7-installation-and-web-server-configuration-tool-fails-with-j...

JRUN service is the ColdFusion application server, you will see JRUN running if you bring up the task manager.

I also noticed that you mentioned "ColdFusion 4", was this a typo ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to Russ's suggestion, please ensure that, you are running the webserver config tool as Administrator.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again!  So, I ran that netstat -an command and realized that I had the VPN running...so I shut that off as well as the firewall and re-installed CF.   Still no success, although at least now when I run the webconfig tool (as administrator as Anit has said) it actually shows up with the jrun host: as local host...and shows IIS as the web server, but the OK button doesn't appear - instead a command prompt winto shows up and says "Enabling IIS7 optional packages...it will take 2 to 5 minutes..."  but sits there and doesn't do anything for way more than 5 minutes.

So, its still not fixed but at least I feel like i'm making progress. 

Also, when I run that netstat -an command none of the ports you mentioned in the article appear in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, in your article (which as a non-techie I barely understand), you say I should look at C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\web.xml but there is no file like that in that location, should I be looking somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may be that you do not have some required IIS component installed.

The easiest way to verify this is to use Microsoft Web Platform Installer and just install the "IIS recommended configuration"

Make sure you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fschneider,

Can you let us know, the version of ColdFusion you are using and the IIS version (seems like IIS7, from your post)

fschneider wrote:

Thanks again!  So, I ran that netstat -an command and realized that I had the VPN running...so I shut that off as well as the firewall and re-installed CF.   Still no success, although at least now when I run the webconfig tool (as administrator as Anit has said) it actually shows up with the jrun host: as local host...and shows IIS as the web server, but the OK button doesn't appear - instead a command prompt winto shows up and says "Enabling IIS7 optional packages...it will take 2 to 5 minutes..."  but sits there and doesn't do anything for way more than 5 minutes.

And also, the error points to some configuration miss at IIS end.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cold Fusion 9 and IIS 7.5, running on a Windows 7 Pro machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation