Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Open Frame Files From FM10

Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open an existing project in Frame Maker 10. Some of the files are created in Frame 7 and the rest are created in Frame 10. Now, when I try to open a file in the book, it throws the  error " Internal Error 10024, 9323487, 9022944, 9008636. Frame Maker has detected a serious problem and must quit."

I have already tried some of the work arounds like renaming the Linguistics file and deleting the temp files etc. Still the problem persists. Any thoughs?

Thanks,

Arun

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am receiving the same error when trying to open files downloaded from TFS. Looks like a bug. Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the ā€œheroic openā€?

"Heroic open" is an escape-key command that causes FrameMaker to ignore any of the conditions that normally cause warnings or messages during the open process, and therefore allows you to open files that have certain minor forms of corruption. The command is Esc, o, H (meaning Escape, lower-case O, and capital H pressed in sequence rather than in combination). ā€“ thanks to Fred Ridder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening just the FM7 files manually outside of the book. If these are not corrupt, there should not be an issue. Then save those as FM10 binaries (i.e. regular Save). After that, you should be able to open them all from the book level.

Is your FM10 patched to the latest FM10 version (10.0.2)?

If you do try the "heroic open" that Jeff suggests, you also *must* have a blank FM document open first.

It also may be worthwhile creating a new book file, rather than using one converted from an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried opening the files outside the book. Still the same error.

Yes, FM10 is patched to the latest version.

Can you please explain what do you mean by having a blank FM document open first for the "heroic open" process? I tried it and got the same error. May be I was doing it wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Error says, just use File > New > Document to create a blank document before trying the heroic open.

However, if you can't open the FM7 documents with FM10, I suspect that they may be corrupt. I routinely open documents created by versions back to FM6 in FM8 to FM11 without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance the older FM is still available, and could be used to save as MIF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By older FM do you mean old FM files or older version of FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... what do you mean by having a blank FM document open first for the "heroic open" process?

Presumably a File > New > Document operation suffices.

> By older FM do you mean old FM files or older version of FM?

Older version of FM.

A general rule that I follow on projects is to save as MIF on completion. Of course, when you really need the old document in MIF, the previous author didn't create one .

Depending on content security, you might be able to get someone running FM7 to open and resave as MIF for you. If you want to try it, I run FM7 at home. Send a PM. I'm guessing that it would not be necessary to share imports other than text insets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines