• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks between RH projects linked with FM books

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I want to link multiple framemaker books to robohelp and use each book as a child project in a master project. However, there are multiple hyperlinks between the framemaker books. I have created individual RH projects, and linked a single book to each project.  I generated them all into a master project (as usual), but the hyperlinks between the projects (that worked fine between the PDFs generated from the original Framemaker books) are broken in the output. I check the html of the hyperlinks in RH, and while the text is recognized as a hyperlink, the href tag is missing.

Note: All links with target and destination in the same book / project work fine.

I could create a single book containing all these books, and then link this book to FM, and this would probably avoid the issue, but it wouldn't be a good solution as I would then have  workflow / source control issues.  Also, I would obviously prefer not to have to manually repair the links in RH, due to time contstraints.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How long a path length are you looking at for the linked FM documents? It turns out that RH is very sensitive to the length of the paths that make up the cross-references in FM when turning them into hyperlinks in RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp