• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 11 - End of flow bug

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 11 (working in both structured and unstructured) is not automatically adding new pages when content is added. the end of flow mark is not visible (however, a solid line is indicating additional text is hidden).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be legacy behavior and is arguably not a bug.

I can duplicate the problem on FM7 by deleting ordinary (auto-connected) pages that have Flow A content. The pages vanish, and the last visible page has the
solid bottom text frame border indicating that the content is still there.

I haven't played with recovery techniques enough to have specific advice. This happens so rarely that I usually just:

• create a new empty document, importing all formats from the damaged one
  • Select All In Flow (A) in the damaged document
  • rename the damaged document and archive it
  • paste the content into the clone
  • save the clone as the original

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text frame that you are inserting your content into does NOT have the Autoconnect for the Flow enabled. This is not a bug - FM is doing exactly what it is being told to do and indicating this by drawing the solid line at the bottom of the text frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Arnis.

However, I verified that the Autoconnect is enabled (I believe this is a default setting). If I'm importing, cutting and pasting, or opening an older version (FM9 or FM10) of a document in FM 11 the same problem exists. There is no auto text flow.

This is a serious bug in FM11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this was a bug, then everybody would be dead in their tracks adding content to FM. Your document might be somehow corrupted or perhaps you have mutliple text frames on the page. Did you check the Autoconnect settting on both the Body and Master pages?

First, trry re-applying the master pages. If that doesn't work, then try creating a new document and copy the flow content as Error suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really appreciate the help. I found that our left master page had auto connect turned off (other master pages had auto connect turned on). It seems that during translation from an older version (FM9 or FM10) to FM11 the default for auto connect on the left master is unchecked (not selected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went back and opened a FM9 document in FM10 and found that the default for auto connect on the left master was also unchecked (we failed top check ALL our master pages). Thus, I believe that FM10 accomodated this issue. I manually changed the auto connect on the left master in FM11 and I can now have new pages added automatically when I copy and paste text/graphics.  Thank you very much for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines