Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with latest update on windows 8.1

Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.... i recently updated my laptop to windows 8.1 and since the update my flash player asks me to install the lastest version... I have done this on a number of occasions and i always get told that i have the latest version but when i try to use anything taht involves flash it again asks me to install the latest version......please help as i use flash for my work and really dont fancy buying a new laptop just because flash wont work!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem with Internet Explorer 11, which Microsoft has been aware of since October 18 when they released their latest "untested" browser. The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.
Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.
I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to read some other postings here it seems flash player has issues in the current release which is not just MS IE.  Google Chrome seems to correct it on Intel based PC's, but should you have AMD based processor the results will be the same as in IE, Firefox. I know have several on my network and the current release of flash has issues which are Adobe based.

Google Chrome helped with Intel based using Win 8.1, but have same results on AMD based using Win 8.1 as I did on IE and Firefox. Hope this helps......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Toshiba laptop HAS an AMD processor (E384 dual core). It has IE 10 (I wont install 11), Firefox 26, Chrome 32 (which has its own plugin), Opera 18, and Safari 5. Flash Player work in ALL of them.

I have a test machine with Windows 8.1 and IE11 (Intel Corei5) and without exception, ALL of the pages that say "you don't have Flash Player installed" with IE, work with the other browsers. I'm pretty sure this is an IE problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as the Toshiba laptop goes you did not say what version of flash player you are using, my post above clearly states the current release of flash player that is within IE 11 that comes with Win 8.1.

So my reference is to flash player version 11. 9 and IE 11 and Win 8.1 not to IE 10 using in all likelihood flash player 11.5 the last good release of the player.

The real issue with the current release is not so much the message ( the plug in is installed the message is just annoying), the real issue is the play back of flash player v11.9 where it hangs and will freeze up for several seconds.  This at first was annoying but now with it being in almost every browser using AMD processors beyond annoying and interferes with video conferencing as well as other apps.

So comparing apples to apples would be better served if the IE10 laptop is not used as "it works fine" this is an Adobe problem not a Microsoft one or a Firefox one the problem is within the flash player not the browsers, or graphics drivers. All other video players work fine it is ONLY Adobe flash player that hangs for several seconds.  Again, Windows 8.1, IE11, flash player 11.9 has issues on both Intel and AMD processors which are Adobe related and need to be addressed.  Even DIVX player for browsers works under IE11 with no trouble and that one was always a hit or miss.

Adobe needs to man up and fix their error(s) in the current release and stop pointing to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RG3 wrote:

As far as the Toshiba laptop goes you did not say what version of flash player you are using, my post above clearly states the current release of flash player that is within IE 11 that comes with Win 8.1.

RG3,

"This ain't my first rodeo, pardner..." to coin a phrase.

EVERY LAST PIECE OF SOFTWARE I OWN on TEN different machines (Mac & Win) is as up to date as it can get. I run updates EVERY Tuesday and Wednesday on ALL of them. That includes Windows XP (SP3), Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8, & 8.1 as well as Mac OSX 10.6.8, 10.7.5, 10.8.5 & 10.9.1 with IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox 26, Chrome 32, Opera 18, Safari 5, 6 & 7 and a host of browsers you probably NEVER heard of. 

Flash Player 11.9.900.170 EVERYWHERE but OS10.6.8, which is 11.9.900.152 because I left it that version for testing. Shockwave 12.0.7r148 in ALL.

Of ALL those browsers on ALL those machines.... THE ONLY ONE that has major problems ALL THE TIME is IE11 in Windows 8.1.

You can surmise and suppose all you want, but I have more than forty-five installs of Flash Player 11.9.900.170 in various environments that work as they are supposed to... and ONE that doesn't. That tells me Flash Player works and Microsoft's latest browser, which has a version of Flash Player THEY MODIFIED before embedding it... is the problem.

You may not like that or the way I put it, but it DOESN'T change the facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with RG3. Adobe seems to like blaming others. I dislike IE11 but Adobe need to recognise problems with their own software. It's not the message that is an issue for many as has been suggested (I can understand that is partly IE11 fault). It's the sub standard playback performance. It's been poor since 11.5 with either stuttering or juddery/choppy playback. The amount of posts with Flash problems is increasing all the time. I see many problems across many different machines/browsers/operating systems. A couple of threads as a reference point which shows its' failings. There are many others which can also be dug out:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1353491?tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1374391?tstart=0

Cheers,

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not trying to say your systems are not up to date, or your view is incorrect. What I have said is that current release of flash player is not working correctly and as far as it goes the error if you had read my post states not just in IE11, but also in Firefox(non Microsoft), and Google Chrome(for sure non-Microsoft).

So this is a problem with flash player, not the browsers, or graphics cards and needs to be looked into by Adobe. With so many people posting about bad playback on so many platforms and browsers we cannot all be wrong and you right. I do not care how many platforms you have installed and claim are working correct one fact is clear FIREFOX did not modify anything it is just a plain old plugin from ADOBE.

Now you may not like that, or the way I put it, BUT it doesn't change the facts, or the number of people saying it.

So, pardner next time don't slap leather with your eyes in the sun.

I have a very good tech. background and know what I see with my eyes and the playback of flash player is very poor and freezes for several seconds, on all the browsers I tested them on using both a Intel and AMD based system. The only one with accepable playback is Chrome on an Intel based system. Note also I did not include Apple mac, or any unix based systems........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines