Expand my Community achievements bar.

Distribute Form Grayed Out

Former Community Member

I am using Livecycle Designer ES4 and I opened a form that someone else had designed and made edits and Saved it as my own. When I attempt to distribute the form, the distribute form is grayed out. If I send my form back to the original author and he opens it, he is able to distribute. How can we change ownership of an edited form so that I may distribute it?

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

you'll need Acrobat installed parallel to Designer.

The menu item in Designer just opens Acrobat an executes its Distribute function.

Level 1

I created my form, but I have the same problem with ES4 (Distribute Form grayed out).  I originally created the form in Acrobat 8 Professional, but I also tried recreating it using Livecycle Designer ES4, and still the Distribute Form remains grayed.

Level 1

Have discovered that the shortcut is not working, but if you go the long way round it works. Save the form as normal, and then close it, go to your PDF version of the form, and open, select edit, go down to FORM OPTION, click on DISTRIBUTE, this will bring up the box asking how you want to distribute the form, proceed as normal

798124_pastedImage_1.png798140_pastedImage_2.png

hope this helps

cheers Leonie

Level 1

Have discovered that the shortcut is not working, but if you go the long way round it works. Save the form as normal, and then close it, go to your PDF version of the form, and open, select edit, go down to FORM OPTION, click on DISTRIBUTE, this will bring up the box asking how you want to distribute the form, proceed as normal

798142_pastedImage_1.png798143_pastedImage_2.png

hope this helps

cheers Leonie

Level 1

I'm new to acrobat.  I have adobe livecycle & adobe acrobat pro dc installed on my pc. 

I've tried to distribute my form with livecycle but it is grayed out.  Next went to pro dc and followed the recommended steps. When I get to the page of saving the file locally, I select the  location and save.. nothing happens except pro dc closes and my file has not been saved. there was mention of installing livecycle parallel to pro dc but does not explain how.

I need this to work, Help.