• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5.5 text entry boxes

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes my text entry boxes work flawlessly, but other times they don't work at all even though it looks like they are all set up the same.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome,

But really with so little information you'll not get many answers. What do you mean by 'they don't work at all'? Do you validate the TEB's or not? What are the actions set up On Success, After Last Attempt?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

One of the biggest issues I see with Text Entry Boxes is related to timing. Check the pause point and the action that occurs after dealing with the TEB.

For example, if you have it timed so it appears but doesn't pause for a couple of seconds and its action is set to continue, it's quite easy to enter some text and click the button or press enter before the pause has been reached. And if the action is set to continue, it simply continues up to the pause then it stops. Personally, I like to configure the OnSuccess action to be "Go To The Next Slide".

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources