Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building Workstation for Video Editing

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys ,

I am building a workstation for myself, for video editing.

I asked a friend of mine to help me with and he gave me this config.

Need your Help and Feedback.

CPU : INTEL XEON E5-2407 PROCESSOR*2NOS

M/BRD : INTEL 2400SC2

RAM : 24GB DDR3 ECC

SSD : KINGSTON 120GB SSD DRIVE

HDD : WD 1TB SATA*2NOS

CABINET : CHIEFTECH CABINET WITH 650 WATTS SMPS

GRAPHIC : ATI RADEON 7770 1GB DDR5

Help Please

===============

Moved to Premiere's Hardware Forum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely not a configuration I would recommend for editing especially with Adobe. Look for some X79 configurations instead which will be a far better option for editing.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback Sir 🙂

Your feedback please

xeon e5 2620* 2x

Asus sabertooth x79

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong combo. The X79 chipset supports only one CPU. And a single Xeon E5-2620 is a waste of money right now due to its extremely low clock speed (2.0GHz) that cannot be boosted at all whatsoever beyond 2.5GHz (or 2.1GHz and 2.6GHz, respectively, for the E5-2620v2). That makes it significantly slower than a single i7-3930K or i7-4930K at stock speed. In fact, a single E5-2620 is slower in overall performance than even a stock-speed i7-3770, let alone a stock-speed Haswell-based PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel-Xeon-E5-2620-V2-2-1GHz-Six-Core-15MB-95W (2nos)

Asus-Z9PE-D8-WS

Kingston-DDR3-1600-24gb-ECC

I don't know which graphic card to use ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't recommend that combo, either. Not for the price that you'd be paying for it. In fact, that platform works best with four or eight DIMMs - but you'd be putting only three DIMMs on that system, which severely restricts main system memory bandwidth on that system. And even with eight DIMMs installed, that system with two 2.1GHz CPUs is still slower than a system that's based on a single i7-4930K CPU. (Remember, doubling the CPU count does not increase real-world or even CPU performance by double - but rather by only 41 percent at best.) The performance with the two CPUs combined would be roughly equivalent to a system with a single i7 hexa-core CPU that's running at only 3.1GHz even when Turbo'd. (But current hexa-core i7 CPUs run at higher speeds than that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this, my friends, is why I just bought my PC from Eric at ADK and haven't had any problems using any Adobe program.

It is less expensive (sometimes) to build it yourself, but mine came with the Creative Cloud loaded (per my request) with everything tested and ready to go. I plugged it in and it worked. It just worked. No fuss, no muss.

As much as I studied and thought I understood what I wanted, working directly with someone who not only knows their stuff, but hangs out around here helping out? Priceless.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

I don't suppose you can provide a list of components in your system for us guys that want to do our own home build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't mind, in fact, they are posted on these forums somewhere, but my PC is getting older now. I would imagine that you could do better for the same money.

For example, my graphics card is the GTX670 and I think that the newer version is the GTX770, but there might be a better choice at this point.

I haven't kept up to date on processors, and probably won't bother to upgrade until I move from HD to 4K, and my plans for that are not for another four years. I think that, for me personally, the most important part number is the war-2ns, second from the bottom. (lifetime support especially) Also, checking prices, I did not overpay for parts, and I paid less than $200 for them to assemble and test it, as well as install the software. The peace of mind was, and still is, worth it. The only thing I would do differently is to leave off the keyboard and mouse since I ended up changing those out later.

Note the firewire card because I still have my HDV camera and pull it out now and then for a second camera or to get older stuff off of tape.

Capture.PNG

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines