• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you record a session in a file format other than cptx and import to Captivate for editing?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have partners in India and the Philippines.  They don't have Captivate.  Can they record in other file formats, send them to me, and I can convert and edit the movies?  They are working on systems that have settings that apply only to them and so we cannot replicate how they use systems. 

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To my knowledge there are no other software applications that have a screencapture format compatible with Captivate.

There are a couple of choices:

1. Get your partners to download and use trial versions of Captivate 7 to capture their screens and then send you the CPTX files.  You will also need to be on Captivate 7.
  2. Tell your partners to capture in something that outputs an FLV video of the capture session.  You can then process this video through the Adobe Media Encoder to get it into a format compatible for inserting into Captivate.  However, since it is video, you give up the chance of using Captivate interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources