Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure slider jumps back

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I suddenly have problems with my exposure slider . He alsways jumps back to a full number as soon as i use any of the other sliders . ig it set it to  0,8 use than another slider and the exposure slider jumps back to  zero, or from 1,4 to one . Anybody has some advice for me ?

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a new one for me. Maybe tell us what OS, CS and ACR version you're using might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yammer

i am using Mac 10.6.8  Camera Raw 8.2.94 and cs 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it jumps back does the exposure change, e.g. if set at +1.9, then when activating another slider and the exposure changes to +1.0 does the image lighten significantly?  Trying to understand if it is a display issue or ACR is actually bouncing the exposure.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard

it does both

the slider jumps

and the image darkens significantly ( i.g. the slider jumps from 1.9 back to 1 )

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Yammer, never have seen or heard of such, using same config on a PC.  You might experiment some more, does entering a number give a different result than using the slider?  However, it seems to me to be a bug, probably time to report in to Adobe.

Did this occur ought of the blue, i.e. all was running fine one day and then suddenly the problem appeared, with no changes to either system or application software?  Have you tried it with several images, both raw and jpg?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes out of the blue

yes problem with raw tifs and jpgs too

I did report it to Adobe , no real help so fare

they thought i should uninstall cs6 ( which would be a pain since i ve a lot of plug ins )

entering numbers does not help

: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty much out of bullets.  You might try reloading ACR 8.2, using the download version rather than from the Help menu.  Also, have you applied all other updates to CS6?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard

thank you , looks like downloading the DNG Converter 8.2 did it

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS :

I m not sure

but maybe i had only downloaded before  ACR 8.2

but not the DNG 8.2

Is that possible ?

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG converter is a separate program and separate download, not an update.  Not sure exactly what you did, but glad it now works.

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same thing happening. I open a raw file. Adjust exposure up or down. Any other slider i move moves the exposure setting back to 0 or sometimes to 1.00. It'll go back to 1.00 if I set it higher than 1.00 or back to 2.00 if set higher.

I don't use acr much at all. Usually do my raw conversions in Lightroom. Yesterday had some test files not compatible with LR4 so I opened them with the acr in photoshop CS6. Adobe Camera Raw version is 8.2.0.94. I did upgrade photoshop recently. Some bug fixes. I have not installed the most recent release candidate of acr.

I'm on a mac. 10.8.5

thanks for any help...

ok, here's a short update...since acr 8.2 was usless the way it was working I decided to try the 8.3 release candidate that was put out recently...that solved the exposure slider problem...it now works as it should...

wait, shut down photoshop, re-opened, and it's doing the same thing...even moving between tabs or making the image bigger resets the exposure slider...none of the other sliders seems affected...

any ideas?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen this happen -- very strange symptoms.  Particularly the part about even just making the image bigger (which I assume you do by zooming in) causing the exposure slider to change.

May I ask -- what type of input device are you using?  Are you using a mouse, trackball, some type of tablet?  Are you adjusting the sliders using the device, or nudging up/down using the keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric, I'm using a wacom with its mouse and pen...an intuos 3, small model...

I tried my computer this morning without it, restarted, and used the trackpad, same result. I'm using a macbook pro with wacom attached.

The exposure setting changes with any move I make afterward. If I click in another box to set say contrast with keyboard number, as soon as i click in the box the exposure resets itself. If I click on the magic wand to enlarge or reduce the image the exposure setting resets. If i click on the small menu, lower left hand corner to resize, the exposure setting resets.

The problem occurs using the mouse to move the sliders or clicking into a box to add a number.

ok, that's all I got...

short ps. I'm momo55, but the adobe forum was weird this morning, asked me to sign in again and I couldn't use my original name for some reason so i chose m.davidtaub...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very same problem with the exposure slider jumping back showed up on my computer yesterday. ACR also tells me it can't load the lens profilees. Running Photoshop 13.0.6/ACR 8.2.0.94 on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.8.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly my problem came back

I tried :

to upgrade camera raw

to downgrade camera raw

install CS6 again

deinstall all adobe apps and reinstall them

installed Snow leo again

diconected my wacom

typed the numbers into the exposure slider window

all in vain

sometimes it works for a few hours

but most of the time it doesnt

the exposure slider jumps as soon as i do something else

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS : But i found a few people with the same problem

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas...yes, it's happening to me too. But Eric, madmanchan, from adobe is here and if anyone can help, get to the bottom of this, it's him. Patience while he checks this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here and on top of that, Camera Raw can no longer recognize or use lens profiles for my lenses using D800 & D4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked this today and I'm not able to use lens profiles either in acr. Mine were for a 50mm nikon lens.

One thing I found. I'll go down the adjustments panel and adjust color/temp first. If I hit the button just above the exposure slider/setting, the 'auto' button, it will adjust several settings including exposure. If I then try and adjust another setting the exposure setting does not move. It stays where 'auto' put it. However, once I manually adjust the exposure slider the same problem occurs. Exposure moves to zero or the next full stop, 1.0, 2.0 or -1.0 etc...

ok, that's all I got...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

its exactly the same for me .

Plus if i put the mouse excatly on the line i.g.of  the exposure slider its an arrow

if i put the mouse above the line it changes into a hand with arrows right and left .

Now that works with every slider exept for the exposure slider . Here the mouse also changes into

a hand with arrows right and left , but i can t move the the exposure slider.

The the exposure slider i can only move if i m right on the line and the mouse is an arrow.

I also upgraded to camera Raw 8.3

It worked fine untill i had to switch off the Mac .

Afther the next start the problem with the jumping the exposure slider was back .

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things that might be useful for us to try and reproduce it:

1. A video demostrating the behavior (post to Dropbox or YouTube)

2. The device model and driver #

3. Your Photoshop system info. (in Photoshop, select Help>System Info... be sure to remove the line with your partial serial # listed in the system info data)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

A link for video;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmvbdsnd8cu7ihy/Photoshop%26ACR.zip

Modellnamn: Mac Pro

Modellidentifierare: MacPro3,1

Processornamn: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processorhastighet: 2,8 GHz

Antal processorer: 2

Totalt antal kärnor: 8

L2-cache (per processor): 12 MB

Minne: 24 GB

Busshastighet: 1,6 GHz

Boot ROM-version: MP31.006C.B05

SMC-version (system): 1.25f4

Adobe Photoshop version: 13.0.6 (13.0.6 20131025.r.54 2013/10/25:21:00:00) x64

Operativsystem: Mac OS 10.7.5

Systemarkitektur: Intel Datorfamilj:6, Modell:23, Version:6 med MMX, SSE-heltal, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1

Antal fysiska processorer: 8

Processorhastighet: 2800 MHz

Inbyggt minne: 24576 MB

Ledigt minne: 18375 MB

Minne tillgängligt för Photoshop: 23344 MB

Minne som används av Photoshop: 80 %

Plattstorlek för bild: 1024K

Bildcache-nivåer: 4

OpenGL: Aktiverad.

Ritningsläge för OpenGL: Grundläggande

Tillåt normalt OpenGL-läge: Sant.

Tillåt avancerat OpenGL-läge: Sant.

Tillåt gamla GPU-verktyg för OpenGL: Ej upptäckt.

OpenCL Otillgänglig

OpenGL-version: 2.1

Storlek på rektangulär textur för video: 8192

OpenGL-minne: 245 MB

Grafikkortsleverantör: ATI Technologies Inc.

Grafikkortsrenderare: ATI Radeon HD 2600 OpenGL Engine

Visa: 1

Primär bildskärm

Visa djup: 32

Visa gränser: överst= 0 till vänster= 0, nederst= 1200 till höger= 1920

Grafikåtergivnings-ID: 16914946

Grafikkortsminne: 256 MB

Serienummer:

Programmapp: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/

Photoshops virtuella minne har asynkron I/O aktiverad

Volym(er) för virtuellt minne:

SSD HD, 237,7G, 101,7G fritt

Mappen Nödvändiga plugin-program: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/Required/

Primär mapp för plug-ins: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Plug-ins/

Mappen Extra plug-ins: inte angivet

19 nov 2013 kl. 21:59 skrev Jeffrey Tranberry:

Re: Exposure slider jumps back

created by Jeffrey Tranberry in Adobe Camera Raw - View the full discussion

A few things that might be useful for us to try and reproduce it:

1. A video demostrating the behavior (post to Dropbox or YouTube)

2. The device model and driver #

3. Your Photoshop system info. (in Photoshop, select Help>System Info... be sure to remove the line with your partial serial # listed in the system info data)

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5856012#5856012

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Camera Raw at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miksjo, thanks for setting this up for Jeffrey...plain to see the problem...

as noted above, the exposure slider jumps to whole values even when using the magnifyer to enlarge or reduce image size, etc...something's broken...

I'm on a macbook pro, it's a 4,1 model, intel core duo, 2.4ghz...and like i noted above, 10.8.5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you from me to

I m on a mac desk top 8 core  CS6  10.6.8 and verious camera raw versions meanwhile

Its enough to click on the camera raw window for the slider to jump back

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines