• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with new icon sizes for iOS 7 while submiting to App-Store

Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have compiled my AIR app which includes the new icon sizes required for iOS 7 (76x76, 120x120, 152x152 and the Spotlight search result icons 40x40 and 80x80) from the command line using AIR 3.9. Here's the icon section from my app descriptor XML:

<icon>

<image29x29>icons/icon29x29.png</image29x29>

<image48x48>icons/icon48x48.png</image48x48>

<image57x57>icons/icon57x57.png</image57x57>

<image72x72>icons/icon72x72.png</image72x72>

<image114x114>icons/icon114x114.png</image114x114>

<image512x512>icons/icon512x512.png</image512x512>

<image58x58>icons/icon58x58.png</image58x58>

<image144x144>icons/icon144x144.png</image144x144>

<!-- Additional app icons for iOS 7 -->

<image40x40>icons/icon40x40.png</image40x40>

<image76x76>icons/icon76x76.png</image76x76>

<image80x80>icons/icon80x80.png</image80x80>

<image120x120>icons/icon120x120.png</image120x120>

<image152x152>icons/icon152x152.png</image152x152>

</icon>

App(.ipa) is installed and running fine in all the all the devices(Ipad,IPhone).While submiting the same app to Apple-App-Store with app-store provision profile, I got three warnings.Those are as follows:

1) WARNING ITMS-9000: "Missing recommended icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format." at SoftwareAssets/SoftwareAsset (MZItmspSoftwareAssetPackage).

2) WARNING ITMS-9000: "Missing recommended icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format." at SoftwareAssets/SoftwareAsset (MZItmspSoftwareAssetPackage).

3) WARNING ITMS-9000: "Missing recommended icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format." at SoftwareAssets/SoftwareAsset (MZItmspSoftwareAssetPackage).

Can someone help me?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

3.9.0.960, which was uploaded recently.

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest 3.9 build? As far as I know this was fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have used AIR 3.9 latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From another topic it seems you have to use the 790 build.

Thank you very much! Problem Solved with this new version of Air 3.9.0.790

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of AIR SDK you're using Rajib_magic?

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR 3.9.1.1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you're not using latest, this build was uploaded few weeks back, please use latest AIR SDK version 3.9.0.960. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you say which one is latest "3.9.0.960" or "3.9.1.1080" version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.9.0.960, which was uploaded recently.

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,, I will do it by latest version.

I just want to confirm that the structure of XML for Icon tag is correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

-Pahup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your suport.My app successfully submitted on the Apple-App-Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the latest Air Version 3.9.0.960 with Flash CC to publish my Apps. I can´t see an option to add the new Icons sizes (76x76, 120x120, 152x152) inside the Flash CC Settings - so I added them manually to the XML File.

<!-- Additional app icons for iOS 7 -->

<image76x76>icons/icon76x76.png</image76x76>

<image120x120>icons/icon120x120.png</image120x120>

<image152x152>icons/icon152x152.png</image152x152>

When I publish the AIR App for iOS the new Icons are removed /overwritten in the XML File.

Why can´t I add these new Icons (sizes) just like the other ones inside the Flash CC Settings (Air for iOS)?

What do I have to do to add them at the moment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the version of Flash you’re using you will have to do the publish from the command line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi colin, can you please show / tell me how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the September 11th, 9:48am post I made here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5672070#5672070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using flash cc and followed your steps with no success. When is this going to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What problems do you hit? One thing to watch for is whether there are spaces in the file paths. If you have spaces, like:

myfolder/app folder/app name.swf

you need to put a back slash in front of any spaces:

myfolder/app\ folder/app\ name.swf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Flash CS6, and just grabbed the new 3.9.0.960 AIR SDK.

I still can't see the new iOS7 icon sizes listed under the 'icons' tab when going to publish, are they meant to be there yet?

I'm using a Windows PC (so can't use the Xcode trick), and am waiting to submit my App to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use the command line to do the build. I'm just not able to tell you what the Windows steps are to get the line that is used. I gather that Event Viewer ought to be able to get the line, but I found it too confusing to figure out.

As for the icons not being in Flash, that's true, and is still true in Flash CC. It's a known issue and is being worked on. I am pretty sure that they won't do an update to CS6, so be mentally prepared to either use the command line, or to upgrade to Flash CC, when that gets updated to solve the icon problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but Wow that is disappointing if Adobe aren't also updating CS6 to be natively ios7 icon compatible, can't understand that really.

CC has only been out since June, and CS6 is the previous version that many people are still using.

Really hope Adobe consider it's Customers in relation to this.

Is there somewhere I can raise this with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still having problems with the command line I can write out for you. It is very straight forward or I can do a quick video for you to watch on YouTube .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The format of the command line isn’t so tricky, the problem is making sure that all of your included files are listed, with the right paths. With 3 - 5 screenshots, 18 icons, plus whatever other external files and folders your app requires, it ends up being quite a complex line. That’s why I copy the line from Console, I know for sure that it wrote the line correctly, other than where there are spaces in the path names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word from Adobe as to when the 3.9 Beta version will be released that supports the new ios7 icons natively for Publish?

We are waiting on submitting Apps to Apple, and using a command line isn't really good enough, especially seeing ios7 has been live for a few weeks now already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines