• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you drag and drop photos in Lightroom 4?

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's been asked before, but I can't seem to find a solution.  I'm in Lightroom 4 on Mac OS 10.7, and in Grid view I can't drag photos from one folder to another folder.  I am dragging the photo thumbnail, not the frame.  Have trashed all Lightroom preferences, restarted, etc.  It's driving me nuts!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

No issue. The users in this thread were grabbing in the wrong place to drag.

If you have a different issue you should start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to drag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely nothing.  I'm not being facetious...nothing happens.  No cursor change, no nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Write Permissions on the origin and destination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have full permissions on both locations, and yes, I'm dragging the thumbnail, not the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you dragging by the grey frame? You have to drag the image area itself not the grey frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this trouble too. I've just upgraded to lightroom 5 from 4 and now I've lost the ability to drag and drop images into folders. I'm also attempting to make a book in the book module and as I'm unable to drag and drop it's impossible to do. Any suggesttions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue all of a sudden. I've used LR since its inception, so I'm familiar with when you can and can't move/reorder photos, so this is a new issue after the LR5 last update, which seems to be a bug. I'm unable to drag and drop images any longer and it's wildly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine seems to have solved itself on a full shutdown and restart, as well as repairing permissions in OS X. Thankfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Lightroom 5.3, Windows.  I am moving photos around in a collection, and suddenly I am no longer able to move them.  Clicking on a photo does not "grab" the photo and allow you to move it.  Closing and re-opening the collection does not help.  Shutting down Lightroom and restarting it does solve the problem and everything works fine again.  Any ideas what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so sorry if this sounds stupid but I've been struggling with same and it was a matter of clicking on the photo not just in the surrounding space (which I thought is what I had been doing) but I'm new so ???  Just thought I'd offer because I know what it's like to feel like cursing for days on end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now managed to sort my isse with not being able to drag and drop in lightroom 5. This seemed to happen after i upgraded to LR5 fro mLR4. Basically, I imported from a different collection and selected import from LR4 collection. this then restored my ability to drag and drop. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the status of this issue?  Recently purchased Lightroom 5, running on MS Surface Pro 3, same issue, happening intermittently.  There is no other option to move photos/videos to other folders within Lightroom, which makes this a pretty substantial bug that blocks my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issue. The users in this thread were grabbing in the wrong place to drag.

If you have a different issue you should start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. Could you share with us the appropriate place to grab to drag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug and Adobe needs to fix this.  I upgraded to 5 Cloud and this is horrible!  Adobe please fix.  This is seriously impeding workflow and ability to deliver to clients.  HORRIBLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem and realized to move you have to click / drag on a photo.  If you try to drag and drop by clicking on the area surrounding the image it doesn't work.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines