• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Business Catalyst Help | Add a blog

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/using/add-blog.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the steps to allow comments, but then be able to review and approve them before they get published live?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

By standard, comments should already exist on your blog.  To enable them per post you just need to tick/untick the 'Comments > Enable Comments' at the bottom of your post.

As for comment rules, they are located:

Modules > Comments > Actions > Manage new comment rules

If after ticking enable comments in the post your comment box doesn't show, you need to add in the comments code.

I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. It's all good until for some reason, we still don't have the comment form showing up. Is there some other hidden code telling the blog to "disable comments"? This is the page I am trying to troubleshoot: http://www.kineticriver.com/_blog/Kinetic_River

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Taking a quick look at that link it would seem all of the comments code has been removed from your blog layout.

Since it's a pretty big chunk of code I'd rather not post it in here. If you PM me I would be happy to send you the code and let you know where it needs to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PM? Don't know what that is, sorry.  But yes, I would like the code and the instructions of where to put it.  Or can you email to me at karen@creative-edge-marketing.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you an email with the standard BC blog comments attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I finally had my BC developer handle it as I was not having success. I really appreciate your help on this, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue with the comment form not appearing when the comments are enabled in my blog posts. The comments link appears under each post, but when clicked nothing happens. I think I am having the sam problem, can you pass along the comments code to me also? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not figure out how to edit the blog layout. I would like the layout to have several columns and fonts that match the rest of the site. I tried importing the site into DW, but I couldn't locate the modulestylesheet. I thought it would be much simpler to edit the main layout of the blog, but it has become very frustrating.

Here is the blog - http://www.dfcroofing.net/_blog/Roofing_and_Exteriors_Insight

No BC template was used to design the site.

Another blog I created turned out much nicer - http://www.advantageplumbingnow.com/_blog/Plumbing_Insight I would like the first one to be organized like this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In admin, go to Site Manager > Module Templates > Blog Layouts and you'll be able to customize all the elements

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to import a blog from Blogger to BC? I have tried using online tools to convert from Blogger to WP and trying to import that but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im also looking to import a blog from Blogger into BC. Did you have any luck with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry ema, i did not. I had to do it one by one. If you ever find an answer, could you please post it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nvncblife,

I didn't know that one by one was a possibility. How did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to create a new account on BC and copy over the entire

website. Page by page, file by file. I then re-created the blog post by

post. It was very tedious, but it worked for what I had to do. I Just made

sure I noted all the files, settings, descriptions, etc. and of course

backed up. Not sure what your situation is, but removed a website off of a

Paid Business Partner Portal. I set up a new BC account for my client so it

is now their own. I had to re-create a new BC account, copy everything over

and tested everything, then eventually had the site deleted from the

Partner Portal once we had our copy up and running perfect. It went pretty

smoothly, switching the accounts over. There is no easy way to do this,

except manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Katerz247,

Thank you so much for sharing your method for doing this. Sounds tedious, but smart!

Great that it worked out for you and your cient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to import a Blogger blog into Business Catalyst too. What did you end up doing? Converting to Wordpress instead of BC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I cannot find a way to make the 'tags' and 'archives' link pages on our blog to have a unique page title and description. It's just grabbing the default page title set in the blog.

You can see here:

http://www.cardiotech.com.au/_blog/Latest_Fitness_News/tag/Adrenaline/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines