Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with the appearance of radio buttons

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have a dynamic form with a lot of radio buttons (Yes-No choices with either Yes or No tagged as default, a cross appears for the default choice). It usually works fine.

I hadn't used this form for quite some time, but when I opened it this morning, all radio buttons have the figure "6" instead of the usual cross.

I have no idea what happened.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Level 1

Happened to me once before and believe it was from copying and pasting the same radio button group repeatedly on a page.  It set checks to 6 thinking all part of same group without unique names/values.  So suggest checking each rb group  name and values to make sure unique.  Other than that would check default font hasn't been set to something strange.

Gotta love LiveCycle - not!

Former Community Member

Hello,

Actually all my radio buttons were indeed copy-pasted throughout my doc. But within each "group (line within a table)" they are unique, the top group having its own name different from the others. Not sure I'm being clear here.

How do you check what the default font is, and how do you change it in LiveCycle ?

Thanks in advance.

Level 1

Apologies for delay - been away!  Yes you're being clear. You can set the default font in ES3 (click Tools > Options and select Default Fonts) but not previous versions.

For previous versions you have to do a search and replace  (edit/replace) in the XML source (found in main tab area, design view, master pages, xml source ...).

To check your font, in the hierarchy palette (left side, with tab order etc.) click one of the  radio button group names you had issue with. Now click on XML source tab to see the code for that group. Scroll down a little till you see:

<font typeface="somefontname"/>

If the font is something unusual it may not have all the character options or symbols you would expect to be in that font set.  You can do an edit replace to substitute the font in XML source  with something generic like:

<font typeface="Arial"/>

Be aware that it will replace the font throughout your whole form.

Generally when something strange happens in your form, if you check the XML source you'll find something hinky like it hasn't updated or reset a value properly.  Just compare code for something that works with similar thing that doesn't and see "which thing is not like the other" LOL!

Best I can do!

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have checked, but it doesn't work. Designer takes into account the new

fonts of my company, but the cross, which is ,

doesn't change a bit when I edit the font typeface.

My only hope is that the problem will be solved when I upgrade to Acrobat

11. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated

2013/3/31 here2often <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Re: Problem with the appearance of radio buttons created by here2often<http://forums.adobe.com/people/here2often>in

Designer FAQs - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/5193879#5193879

Level 1

Hello,

Sorry to up an old post, but I have exactly the same problem as the one described by Tulla1024, and I'd like to know if anyone came up with a new answer...

Thanks in advance.