Exit

<Paranum> text in FM-based RH lists

Mentor ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using RH 10 and FM11.

My issues with lists in FM-linked RoboHelp output are back to haunt me. I had mentioned about it in my post below.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5097632#5097632

Back then, my solution was to remove the " target=_blank from the hyperlinked text preceding the lists and we could live with it. However, now in every FM book we have 35-40 instances where the lists (both ordered and unordered) are preceded by hyperlinked text and it is becoming an extremely tedious job to edit every such instance after importing the FM book to RH.

So, can somebody please suggest me a better solution?

Solutions I have already tried without success:

• Setting autonumber to Convert Autonumber to HTML List.
  • Setting autonumber to Convert Autonumber to Text.
  • Creating a List style in RoboHelp, but this style did not show up in the RoboHelp Style list while mapping.

Thanks in advance.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

You may want to experiment with a copy of the content on a machine that doesn’t have the suite on it by downloading the trial TCS5 and trying your content out on it. The issue may be fixed in that build.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to experiment with a copy of the content on a machine that doesn’t have the suite on it by downloading the trial TCS5 and trying your content out on it. The issue may be fixed in that build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my FrameMaker 12 crashes when I open even the sample files provided by Adobe. So I am not able to test this. Will continue to try.

Thanks for your suggestion Jeff.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d say something is messed up in your install of TCS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guess you are right. I will try to uninstall and reinstall. But I am not sure if Adobe will allow me reinstall though. Will give it shot. No point in having a non-working software anyway.

I just tried with their remote/ virtual image version of the trial and everything seems to be working fine. I replicated my use case by creating a new FM file and importing it to RH, and I don't see any issues.

Thanks again, Jeff.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp