• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 stops working when a checked in topic is modified

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 10 stops working every time when I open a checked in topic and make a change forcing the topic to be checked out automatically.  This worked perfectly in all previous versions of RoboHelp.  After restarting the program, the desired topic is checked out. Checking topics out manually before editing works without a crash.

I have uninstalled source control and reinstalled with no help.  This did help with placing images which also stopped RoboHelp 10 from working.  When placing an image and you click on the browse folders that worked ok.  It was when you clicked on the next folder resulted in the lockup ... every time.  Reinstalling source control fixed that.

Automatic checkout of topics however crashes every time.  I have a local copy of my project and the server is accessed via VPN 3000 miles away.  I have never had any problem until Robo10.  Nothing has changed in our VPN or network since Robo9 which worked perfectly.  Also RoboHelp works very fast at first but after a few hours takes a very long time to check out or check in topics.  It is faster to close everything without checking in, reboot the PC, and then check in.  It is necessary to do this a couple times a day. 

I am running a Dell Laptop i7, Win 7-64, and a roadrunner lightening connection (45Mbps down/5.8Mbps up).  Nothing else running on the network to eat up bandwidth.  CPU usage ~25%.  Memory 3.5GB/8Gb.  I have installed the 64bit patch for Source Control immediately after reinstall of Source Control.

Ideas??

Thanks,

dv

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

For now we seem to have solved our own problem.  Rebooting the Robo Source Control computer seems to have fixed a lot of issues. 

This computer is a Windows 7-64 bit PC with 6 projects parked.  2 users access three of the projects and one person access the other three projects with a very occasional access by the second person.  Nothing else does this computer do, just serve 6 projects. 

The PC lives in a climate controlled server room where the IT dept backs it up and rebooted it monthly.  We a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on this problem, the problem exists when the internet and internal network are slow.  I think there is some timeout either in Windows or RoboHelp that throws this Stopped Working error. 

When the internet is working fast and our office network is not too busy, like early in the morning, I can edit a file and it will checkout, no problem.  Once people wake up and start using the internet between FL and Vancouver BC, I start getting lockups.  When people get into the office and start working, Robo crashes every time.  I am forced to check out a topic and then edit.

I am going to contact our IT dept to see if there is a network setting to increase the timeout before Win7 gives up on source control.

dv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For now we seem to have solved our own problem.  Rebooting the Robo Source Control computer seems to have fixed a lot of issues. 

This computer is a Windows 7-64 bit PC with 6 projects parked.  2 users access three of the projects and one person access the other three projects with a very occasional access by the second person.  Nothing else does this computer do, just serve 6 projects. 

The PC lives in a climate controlled server room where the IT dept backs it up and rebooted it monthly.  We are planning to reboot this PC weekly and fully suspect that the program lockups will be resolved with this fix.  I have tested checking in and out during peak Internet traffic times and high network traffic times, like on Friday during the office lunch when all of manufacturing can access their Facebook pages, and all works very fast now.

It seems strange that this mostly idle PC needs to be rebooted so frequently but ... that is our fix for now and expect that this will resolve the issue.  If we have further updates, they will be noted in this discussion thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp