• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message when viewing CHM file

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after successfully creating the .chm file. when I go to view it, I get an error message in the view window stating "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" My contents show on the left side of the window.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you ensured the Default Topic has been correctly set? If you click items in the TOC pane, do topics then appear?

Where exactly is the CHM file when you open it up? Is it on your local hard drive or is it in a network location? If it's in a network location, move it to a local hard drive and see if things improve.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I set the default topic?

It is on the local machine.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It would appear you are trying to furnish an image and you are trying that by replying via email with the image either embedded or as an attachment.

Unfortunately those don't survive the trip into the forum post. If you have an image to show, please visit the forum web page where you started this thread and use the camera icon to insert the image.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. No they do not appear when I click on them. The error message remains. Here is the screen shot.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i know if the default topic is set correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

here is my screen shot. Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact you are seeing this message in the topic pane certainly suggests that the CHM is not parked on your local C drive when you open it up.

Are you certain it's on your C drive?

As for the default topic, you configure it by looking at the properties for the Single Source Layout. Click View > Pods > Single Source Layouts. Then right-click the Microsoft HTML Help layout and choose Properties. Then click the Select button to navigate to and choose a topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp