• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why is screencording element not playing

Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate filmstrip problem.jpg

I've done a screencording using the simulation mode and almost all of it works fine. However on this one screen the part of the window that I have outlined in red shows up correctly in the thumbnail and workspace but does not show in the preview or published file. The mouse track therefore runs across a blank grey area and a selection window opens with nothing visble to show which part of the screen is being selected. I can't see anything different about this screen from all the others which work fine.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screen capture of the Highlight Box properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think for some reason (probably related to how the captured software works) Captivate thought this dialog was just a rollover effect and has embedded it inside the background graphic. You're going to need to set your Captivate Edit screen at 100% and then take a SnagIt screencapture of this dialog to add it as a graphic on this slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I suspect you are right about the smaller inset window not being recognised correctly during the capture. Strange that it didn't happen consistently throughout the recording. I'll try again next time I have access to the package that I was recording.

Appreciate your prompt input.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply and the suggestion.

I had a look at the Highlight Box properties as you suggested and compared them with another slide where everything worked as expected. I couldn't see any difference in the properties between the 2 screens so I suspect this isn't the cause.

I appreciate the response though.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources