• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add header and footer in FM12 WebHelp?

Mentor ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am evaluating TCS 5 with the trial version.

In FrameMaker 11, while publishing my book to WebHelp, I could associate the masterpage (.htt) file to get its header/footer in the output.

However, I don't see that option in FM12. I have looked through the Help and it doesn't seem to offer any solution either. (Some part of TCS 5 help actually contains TCS 4 content. Have logged a bug report on that.)

If not through the master page, what is the other way to get especially the footer in WebHelp output? Footer contains our copyright information. So, there is no way I can ignore it.

Can somebody please point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had a meeting with Adobe yesterday and one of the product managers (Kapil Verma or Vikram Verma, I am not sure) confirmed that there is no provision for getting the header/footer information from FrameMaker or RoboHelp while publishing WebHelp from FM12.

So, unfortunately, we have to stick to the old method of importing FM to RH to get this. It is a pity that they got the browse sequence into FM but removed master page, eventually resulting in an unusable feature.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp