• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what am i doing wrong with data source?

Participant ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've looked around to try to find the answer to this and I haven't been able to.

I have two web apps. One, "Locations," holds a list of addresses for several stores, with tags like {location_street_address}, {location_phone_number}. Another web app, "StoreGallery", holds items to be showcased at these stores, and in it i've defined Locations as a data source field. So that for each item, they can associate an item with a specific store.

So in the detail template for StoreGallery I added one of the tags from Locations, thinking that by having defined the data source, the tags from one would work in the other, but they don't. I was only able to find tutorials on how to create the data source field but not on how to actually apply them in templates.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Hi Kenneth,

The current version of web apps does not work like that.
When you define a data store all that does is provide a link to the other web app item you associate it with. You can not put tags you built from one web app in another.

The Data source output which is a hyperlink is the only thing you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

When you define a data store all that does is provide a link to the other web app item you associate it with. You can not put tags you built from one web app in another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No of course it wouldn't work like that because that would be efficient and useful unlike whatever javascript hack I'm going to have to figure out to make it kind of work like that.

I don't suppose making it work like that is in the cards for a future release?

LiamDilley wrote:

Hi Kenneth,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the BC Blog Roadmap Post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. I just replicated all the fields I needed into the other web app. All I can do I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whoever is looking for a solution to this...

If you are trying to figure out how to use "Data Source" fields to show more

than just a simple link from one Web App to another Web App, see below.

This might save you hours of looking around.

Using Kenneths example (from above), you should do this:

1) Inside Web App called "StoreGallery", create a "Data Source" field named "StoreLocation"

2) In the "Detail Template" layout of the Web App "StoreGallery", insert this code: {module_webapps,123,i,{tag_StoreLocation_id}}

3) Make sure to replace "123" above with the ID of Web App "Locations"

4) In 'List Template' layout of "Locations" app, customize which details you'd like to show for each location

(ie {location_street_address}, {location_phone_number}. etc.)

Cheers!

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

I have issue with Similar above article.

I have create 2 Web APP the idea I want Multiple Promotion can add to a hotel,

1- Hotels App (Name, Description)
2- Promotion App (Promo_Name, Description, Hotel_name "using data source field from App1")

After I finish all field above,
- I have added items to App1(hotel1,Hotel2)
- I have added items to App2(promo1 for hotel1,promo2 forhotel1, and promo3 for hotel2).

Front End
So can show all hotels list for app1
And I can show promotions list for app2 with association link to hotel detail directly from the promotion detail,
so in the hotel detail I would like to show all the promotion which belong to it's,
Ex: hotel1 have promo1 and promo2, and hotel2 have promo3 so i use this tag {module_webapps,34898,i,{tag_itemid}}  in hotels layout detail
but it not working, it shown me only one item with error promotions tag

When i use this tag it work {module_webapps,34898,a} but i don't want all,

please help
TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Palvanov,

Thank you so much for posting this.  Finding this is a dream come true.

Much thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines