Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font and vector quality on iPad mini

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a quality problem with (mostly) fine vector lines and thin Fonts on iPad mini. On iPad retina everything is super sharp and looks as intended, but on the iPad mini it looks like stage quality low or something. Has anyone had the same problem? Do you have any ideas how to solve that?

Best!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobile devices use weak embeded CPU. Sooner or later this will cause performance issue and app quality. You must use GPU rendering instead.

Retina show vector also not sharp. It have the same pixeled edges. But looking on 2x resolution you don't see this. You can play with StageQualty for solving this. But I'm suggest don't use any vector because improving vector quality you will receive more and more CPU overload. Or you if never will play your App on weak and old devices.

Read first http://translate.google.com.ua/translate?hl=ru&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://gamespoweredby.com/blog/2013/12/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello people. i think you need to read this http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/mobile/WS4bebcd66a74275c3110c8745124318ac9d7-8000.html and this http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/mobile/flashplatform_optimizing_content.pdf first before writing and asking for such things. i too had performance and vector dispaly issues, but i've managed to resolve them all. don't forget that flash and air have lots of items to improve the speed, rendering, performance etc... like "cacheAsBitmap", guidelines, how-to's etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your info, the issue I see is that it looks great on all devices EXCEPT only the iPad mini (non retina device tested). I would like to now if you have seen a similiar behavoir too.

GPU rendering is used already.

Best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm experiencing the same problem in non retina devices (just tested iphone 3gs and ipad1)

in retina devices the vectors are sharp as in the desktop version, tested with a screenshot in the iphone /ipad and compared with a screenshot in the desktop, same quality.

the non-retina devices shows something similar to the "mid quality" option, though high quality is set in AS3

I saw that in another games, so must be an Adobe AIR bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dont use vector on mobile. mobile devices have poor cpu. What do you want from it? overheating but rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines