• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no icon support over 72px

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still waiting to see in Flash option to choose large icons above 72px, how many years has to pass for that?

Or we just gonna use Google  ADT bundle and forget about Flash ?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ mari8899:

how many years ago did you read help last time? http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d129907d2886-8000.html

Icon size | Platform

36x36 | Android

48x48 | Android, iOS

72x72 | Android, iOS

96x96 | Android

144x144 | Android, iOS

"If you do not supply an icon of a given size, the next largest size is used and scaled to fit."

tips at the end of the help page: http://developer.android.com/design/style/iconography.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i know about that XML file and I did edit it, but whenever I edit that, and then export it Flash automatically replaces again with it's default XML file, so i don't understand how to add anything to XML that would be accepted and not overwritten when I do export-publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first of all - there is an option in Flash Pro to set up icons without XML descriptor - in Air publish settings.

second - you need to edit and save changes to that file inside Flash Pro - not in some other window/application while you are running Flash Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By AIR settings, you mean on window General Settings > Included files  ? or something else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see you ignored my advice in reading help. the answer to your question is "no". there is "something else" - "icons" tab, but not under "general settings" - there are "Air settings".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see in AIR settings anything beyond 72x72

Snap1.gif

And I have AIR 4.0 beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you need to either update your Flash Pro or update Adobe Air 4 to latest version. i have both 96x96 and 114x114 icons in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the iOS version I see much longer list but for Android I don't, I have Flash CC freshly installed and AIR latest version available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you update Flash Pro? there were 3 updates already to CC version. also Adobe Air 4.0 was updated 3 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I will check all, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Pro CC now has 96x96 support but not 144x144.  You can manually add 144x144 in the manifest and during compile, Flash won't remove it (which it did before). 

The workaround before the flash update was to edit the manifest, lock it as read-only and then Flash wouldn't remove it.  Typically before I publish, I rename my APK to zip and ensure that the images are in the correct resource folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines