• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 Multiscreen HTML 5 support - glossary issue

Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating the new version of RH10.

I'm trying out the new Multiscreen HTML 5 layouts and have set up a desktop layout and am investigating configuring it for my company's look & feel.

The Multiscreen settings dialog gives you the option to select a TOC, Index, Glossary, etc of your choice, but it doesn't appear to let you opt out of using one! How can I opt out of having a glossary? RH8 allowed you to choose which tabs you wanted.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

Feebeegeebee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Hi,

Wow, the release is only a day old and we find the first HTML5 post

If you want to opt out, you must amend the screen layout so that that information is excluded. For example the Desktop Layout. Now select the Glossary/Index/TOC element so that squares around the element, such as this:

Glossary selected.png

Now simply press Delete to remove the tab from the output. Do this for all the pages that the glossary can be accessed. (Home page, topic and search results.)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Wow, the release is only a day old and we find the first HTML5 post

If you want to opt out, you must amend the screen layout so that that information is excluded. For example the Desktop Layout. Now select the Glossary/Index/TOC element so that squares around the element, such as this:

Glossary selected.png

Now simply press Delete to remove the tab from the output. Do this for all the pages that the glossary can be accessed. (Home page, topic and search results.)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

Excellent. Thank you. That wasn't entirely clear.

I'll give it a go!

Regards,

Feebeegeebee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feebee,

I just saw this positng and wondered if the solution Willam gave worked for you.  I too am trying to remove the glossary buttons

Thanks

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter - maybe this thread should be moved over to the new Multiscreen HTML5 forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to remove the glossary for the Responsive HTML5 layout in RH11?  I'm not sure what elements to select to remove it.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which layout do you want to remove the glossary? What you need to do

depends on the layout being a mobile or desktop layout.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

I'm not sure of how to answer your question because RH11 uses the word "layout" in several places.  In the "Single Source Layouts" pod I'm working with the "Responsive HTML5) target.  In the "Project Set-up", I have a "Screen Layout" for this Responsive HTML5. 

My goal is to eliminate the glossary from all possible outputs.  Your post from July 2012 nicely explained how to remove it from the MultiScreen HTML5, and I've done that.  But I can't figure out how to do that with my new Responsive HTML5 (RH11).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I've done some experimentation with deleting portions of the "Topic (Default)" page in the Responsive layout without success.  It appears that each of the .SLP pages in the layout has several references to the Glossary.  It isn't obvious what to edit or remove to get rid of the glossary throughout.

Ultimately, it would be nice for the Responsive Layout Customization wizard to let me turn off components of the UI, like the glossary.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that would be nice. But for now you'll have to do it manually:

1. In all pages, remove the Glossary tab and Glossary content: Element

with id 'gloTabButto' and element with id 'gloTabPane'.

2. In all pages, remove the div with class 'bar_glossary'.

3. Remove the page Glossary.

That should get rid of the glossary. This applies to both responsive

layouts.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

Your instructions for removing the glossary from a Responsive HTML5 layout in RH11 are perfect.  I completed them and now have output that works for every device I've tested.  Perfect!

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.  Very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp