Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player crash at mozilla firefox

Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some sites that uses adobe flash player the latest version of plugin(Adobe flash player 12.0.43 for other browsers) and i try solution that you suggest but still crashes.

I try disable protected mode, disable hardware acceleration e.t.c. but nothing the plugin still crashes.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

ISN'T THERE ANY STABLER ADOBE FLASH PLAYER VERSION?

I use mozilla firefox 26 at windows 7 64bit sp1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably seeing a "shockwave" crash.

Download the following:

Flash Player Uninstaller

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Flash Player 12.0.0.43 Plug-in (All other browsers)

Shockwave Player 112.0.7r148 FULL Installer

Save the files - DON'T run them.

Reboot.

Run the uninstallers first.

Go to: C/Windows/System32 and delete the Macromed folder

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64 and delete the Macromed folder

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key + R and type "regedit" [minus the quotes] and click OK)

In the Registry Editor, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and delete the Macromedia folder (click it and press Delete)

Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder (click it and press Delete)

Then run the Shockwave FULL Installer, and the Flash Player installer.

If.. after all that... you still see crashes in Firefox, try "resetting" it: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As i read the shockwave flash player it is completely useless anymore and the only thing it needed is the adobe flash player and nothing more.

I try all that but i doesn't change anything at all because the exactly same steps i was do it before some months and nothing change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you "Reset Firefox"?

I actually did that myself day before yesterday, because I was having a problem with YouTube videos "duplicating" the audio. I'd open a vid and it would start, and then a second sound track would start playing about three seconds behind the original. After the reset, it doesn't do it anymore.

And Shockwave is still needed for "interactive" Flash content like Facebook games, and links in YouTube videos (you know, those annoying "click here to go to my page" overlays). If it was useless, Adobe wouldn't have just released an update four months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO YOU ARE WRONG now it DOESN'T need the shockwave.

I DON'T INSTALL IT AT ALL and i have only install the adobe flash player 12 and these add-on e.t.c. works fine at youtube.

Maybe because mozilla firefox 26 has inside the shockwave plugin it need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry , but I've tried all the things suggested and still no resolution. Gotta be that adobe is updating too quickly and it is actually the site that is the problem. They aren't updating fast enough to keep up with adobe and shockwave updates. This was suggested by geek squad and I believe it is the only thing that makes sense.

I have been having this issue for over a year. I uninstalled & reinstalled windows 8 and 8.1 , still no resolution. I believe this is something we are ALL gonna have to just live with, unless Adobe has the answer, which it appears they do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta be that adobe is updating too quickly and it is actually the site that is the problem. They aren't updating fast enough to keep up with adobe and shockwave updates.

There's something to that. I'm actually surprised a "Geek Squad" employee would come up with that. Most of them I've dealt with could barely grasp the concept of Ctrl+Alt+del... seriously. How they got their jobs is a mystery.

Adobe updates Flash about every six weeks, and has (except for necessary security fixes, which come out when right they are needed) since about 2004.

Sites like YouTube, DailyMotion, and most news sites use a server side include (SSI) site wide to "call" a single script that determines if a viewer is up to date. So ANY page you hit at YouTube, or CNN, or FoxNews, will use the same script. and it takes a few seconds to edit the script to the latest version & upload it, when needed.

What's odd is that I have two Win 8 machines (a desktop and a laptop) and neither has a problem with FF 26. IE is another story, and especially when I had a Win 8.1 machine, but it's been gone for a few weeks now. I'm not going to mess with that abomination again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After dealing with the geek squad for a year , I have actually found a few that are quite reliable, willing and yeah, actually know what they're doing most of the time. It never fails , each time adobe updates , the crash happens. Sometimes the updates aren't even available to us yet, but, because the change has happened, the crash does too. Never FAILS !

The amazing thing is I've actually learned quite a bit from some of the geeks, I had to , because 75% don't know their A from their E. Gotta tell you, neither do I for the most part, just a learning day by day.

Message was edited by: TonyvUS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of these suggestions, too, and none of them worked for me either. I finally rolled back to a previous version that i remember worked. I will no longer update the flash player now that I have one that works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok , I have thought of that as well. Can u tell me what version it is that you went back to ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I went back to 11.9.900.152. That's the last one that worked for me.

Firefox started having troubles in mid-December. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, so I restored it to an earlier time and everything got better. And then with this last rollout everything went to pot again. I've only just now pinpointed exactly what the problem was--the Shockwave. I had thought it was a graphics driver. The 11.9.900.152 driver was the driver that was the one that was the best one before mid-December, so I knew that it would work. I didn't want to take a chance on installing the one just after it in the list.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue started last spring, but reallly it was in August 2013, that is began to crash constantly. I did the restore so many times, I can't really do it anymore. SO , to go back to an earlier version for me, wouldn't be good. Also, what happens on my comp is the shockwave plugin, stalls and asks me to stop it, then adobe flash crashes.

I think I will just have to live with it. Once this next wave of updates is available , I might just leave things the way they are , and see if that helps. I'm basically tapped out. LOL

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya. Once I saw that it was a recurring problem throughout these forums, I threw my hands up. I just went back to an earlier version that I knew worked, and luckily for me it was just a month ago. I just won't update again. I need the app to work for my bank.

Chrome works just as well and looks the same to me.

I did invest in several programs to update all my drivers on my computer in an effort to "fix" my problem. Hahaha. Now I have all new and improved updated drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked out for ya. Gonna be interested to see what happens if i don't update the next one that comes available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your private messages !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a Windows 7/64 bit machine. I see you are running Windows 8. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the issue started when I was running windows 8. I had it uninstalled and reinstalled in Nov. Then Updated to 8.1 after a week or so, Within a few days the same exact thing started to happen. So, no I don't think it makes a diff. Again, I think as shockwave and adobe flash update, sites don't update for a much longer time, and I do NOW believe that is the prob.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, bottom line is, as  you have gone back to an older version, I think I will leave these versions in tact once the newest update is actually available to us. There is an update, but not yet available for the public to actually do yet. As far as I know, and I don't know much. Learning !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently my rollback only worked for a few hours, as I'm having the freezing problems again. I did some more research on the Firefox forums and did a few fixes that they recommended over there. I've now rolled back to flashplayer 11.3.300.257. It has vulnerabilities, though. We'll see how long it works before it starts crashing. Just wanted to let people know that my temporary solution, was, indeed, temporary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

I have been able to narrow down my problems a little bit more now, if you don't mind brainstorming a little bit with me? My problems seems to start after I re-start my computer.

I've uninstalled and re-installed various versions, I've re-set Firefox. I've just now noticed that when I re-start my computer, I consistently get the freezing bug with Shockwave, every time, with every version of Shockwave.

I have Windows 7/64 bit, all drivers are up-to-date.

So, what changes and/or gets re-set in Firefox and Shockwave when you re-start the computer? I do not know enough about either to figure this out!

Thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a reset a few sayd ago. (first time for me, actually)

ALL of my bookmarks, passwords, and logins were still there.

All history, cookies, ans cache were deleted.

ALL of my extensions were deleted, but NOT the plug-ins.

Firefox puts a folder of your old profile on your desktop in case you want to reverse the reset. You just copy it into the [user]/AppData/Local/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles folder and it'll put EVERYTHING back the the way it was before the reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting Firefox does not work for me.

Uninstalling and re-installing in Safe Mode does not work for me.

Rolling back to previous versions does not work for me.

Turning off hardware acceleration in both Firefox and Shockwave does not work for me.

None of the suggestions here have worked for me. I've done them all.

Once I turn off my machine and turn it back on, Shockwave is corrupted again.

I've gone about this very methodically to isolate what is happening.

The only thing that works for me is to uninstall and re-install Shockwave. That is the only thing that will get it working for me again, which is a total pain in the ass to do every.single.time. I turn my computer on and want to browse the web.

I did notice that before I turned Firefox off, it contained a user.js preference file, and when I turned it back on after re-starting it, it did not contain that same file. So I wonder if Shockwave created it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines