• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i import a aec file in after effects cc?

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having problems with the object buffers not working correctly when a i extract them from the C4D file. Not liking this work flow at all. Is there a way to import a AEC file into After Effects CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

See this for a bug fix in the Maxon Cinema 4D exchange plug-in for After Effects CC: adobe.ly/PUHVms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still use the Cinema 4D Exchange plug-in from Maxon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Todd thanks for the reply. I get 3 errors when I start up AE from the C4D plugins...do i just ignore them?

I have C4D version 13 and I have a Early 2008 Mac Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having trouble with Maxon's Exchange plug-in, I recommend contactng Maxon for help:

http://www.maxon.net/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... it doesn't seem to work with CC. For the time being it seems that import the aec into CS6 and then open that in CC is the only answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that both Adobe and Maxon are playing the blame game.

I contacted Maxon about this issue and they pointed at Adobe. At here I read that Maxon should provide the solution...

This way, paying costumers are yet again being left without a decent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume this is the problem others are experiencing. When I place the C4DImporter plugin into my AE CC plug-ins folder, I get the 3 following error messages when launching AE CC:

AEGP Plugin SDK_IO: Could not register file type. ( 5027 :: 12 )

AEGP Plugin SDK_IO: Could not register the plugin. ( 5027 :: 12 )

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {Unexpected FuntionsBlock5 flags for FunctionBlock4} ( 5027 :: 53 )

Without the C4DImporter.plugin in the plugins folder AE CC will not recognize .aec files (they are dimmed/grayed out). After launching AE CC, with the errors above, AE will recognize and open .aec files, but do the errors suggest the plugin will cause problems with AE CC? CIneware is nice, but too slow for complex scenes. Can I temporarily move the Cineware plugins out of AE when I'm using the C4DImporter pluging? Bouncing between CS6 and AE CC is bound to trip me up, so I'd rather stick with AE CC. BTW, I have C4D R15 Studio, so I don't need Cineware Lite. Any workaround solutions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems here. Since I prefer the "old" workflow (rendering directly out of Cinema) but hate getting those errors, I decided to dump the "buggy" C4Dimporter.plugin and use the "Extract C4D Scene Data" Command from the CINEWARE FX instead. I'm aware this does not solve the problem in any way, but for me it's an acceptable workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The importer plug-in should still work fine in After Effects CC; it's just causing these spurious (and admittedly annoying) error messages on start-up. Let us know whether you're able to use the importer, once you've dismissed these error messages.

Maxon is working on issuing a new version of their importer plug-in that doesn't give these error messages. One of my coworkers is in contact with them about this to see when that will be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this new importer plug-in been introduced? I'm having issues importing aec files. the sequences are importing but camera data, nulls and lights are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this for a bug fix in the Maxon Cinema 4D exchange plug-in for After Effects CC: adobe.ly/PUHVms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having issues with this.  I've got the latest version of the maxon plug, when i import the .aec into CC 2014 i get nothing.  no error message and no imported file.  i'm running C4D R16.  i realize the latest plug is listed for CC and R14/15, but i was hoping it would still apply since there is no newer option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same problem here no aec supported in CC apparently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here. R16 and no can import .aec file. so incredibly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Exact same problem here. R16 and no can import .aec file. so incredibly annoying.

Did you download the new plug-in as recommended above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oop, my mistake, seems the latest plugin from mason finally does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can now import a Cinema 4D file directly into AE and bypass the AEC workflow.  Once you have the scene in AE, check the Effects panel and first check "Defined Multi-Passes" and then click "Add Image Layers" to access your multi-pass layers you've defined within C4D..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I since figured this out... AEC's work exactly the same, actually better than they did before(more stable). You just need to go to Maxon's site and download the latest plug-in. Here: MAXON | 3D FOR THE REAL WORLD: Plugins

importing a c4d project directly into ae(cineware) works but has limitations and time/project backup issues. When working on a large show, you need to work with EXR's and not with 200MB scene files in ae, that slows so much of the work down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses!

Eikonoklastes - i was hoping to avoid cineware because processing seems to crawl with AE handling the C4D project files.  seems like i can still move much faster if i let C4D do the heavy lifting.  just need to import my camera into AE

JeffBriant - Thank you!  I will download that new plug.  Am i crazy, or did that R16 version not exist like 2 days ago??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines