• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing export kernel32.dll error

New Here ,
May 02, 2007 May 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Flash Player with quite a few problems. I uninstalled it per Adobe's recommendation. Then when I tried to reinstall I received this error: the download.exe file is linked to missing export kernel32.dll:verifyversioninfoa. Anyone receive this error? Any ideas? After reading a post here, I went to hilton's website and an express version of Flash Player was automatically installed. This seems to have fixed my problem, temporarily. But I know better...something is going very wrong!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2007 May 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had to read this about 8 times...

You crashed when running the installer? Or when downloading the installer? Can you make this a bit more clear for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2007 May 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry if I confused you. My children frequently visit a site which requires Flash Player. During the time they are on this site, it most always crashes with an error message referring to flash9.ocx (or something like that). In an effort to stop all the crashes I thought I should uninstall Flash Player and then reinstall it. So, I followed the directions on this site, and when it came time to download it from your site it gave me the error message: the download.exe file is linked to missing export kernel32.dll: verifyversioninfoA. As I stated, I read through several posts regarding this topic, and one of the posters had said they went to www.hilton.com and an automatic flash player was installed. So, I thought I'd try it, and it worked. Now, the site my children visit works again, but I'm still getting many errors. (However, not all related to Flash Player, that I know of.) Does this make sense, or have I confused the issue even further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2007 May 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes it more clear, thanks.

I've never seen that installer error before. So I did some digging and found a bug that seems to match. You wouldn't happen to be running Win98 would you?

Also any chance this problem occurred early last month? What I read indicates we fixed it, so if the fix isn't working I want to know...

(202898 for Darren's reference...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2007 May 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am running Windows 98. Crazy, I know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2007 May 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and no, this particular "missing kernel error" did not occur earlier last month. I have had many "flash9c.ocx" errors for the past several months, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2007 May 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I happen to have W-ME and got this same message today...
Hope there is a clue...

And the problem disappeared!
I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but I used a version check, that i remebered from a different W-ME machine
http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_15507

That reported I had the correct version on the system (9.0.45.0) and now when I open the same page that caused the errormessage it displays correctly.

Hope this helps you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 07, 2007 May 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. According to my info it was a problem with the download bits that was fixed last month.

The problem has something to do with the behind-the-scene tools that do the downloading of the Flash Player and it's tie to the Google toolbar.

So what probably fixed it was going through the same system, but in a way that didn't include the Google toolbar (which could have been triggered by a 3rd party express install, sure...)

Now, "crashes with an error message referring to flash9.ocx " is a different issue. We know there's some kind of crashing problem. But we haven't found the right way to reproduce it yet. You can find instructions for generating a Flash Player crash log in other threads, please set that up. If you get a crash log please open a support web case! ( http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too run Windows 98. I tried to download Flash Player from http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/ and got the message that a file is missing that is required for this download: export, KERNEL32.DLL:VerifyVersionInfoA. I tried the previous posters advice and went to www.hilton.com to get that automatic flash player install, instead my browser crashed with a message that it had performed an illegal operation in FLASH9C.OCX.

How do I download Flash Player?

When I go to the adobe download page with firefox it crashes the second I enter the download page even without clicking on anything. The attempts described above happened when using Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOWNLOAD.EXE file linked to missing export KERNEL32.dll VerfiyVersionInfoA

I'm running Windows ME and this has been going on for weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to update Flash on my Win98se.

I also get the following:

missing export KERNEL32.DLL:VerifyVersionInfoA

The installation is apparently interrupted with that message.

I had not attemped, prior to this effort, to uninstall the previous version, as I never have done so with past updates.
Was I supposed to?

Does it appear that this 'bug' is common to Win98?

Opey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reinstalling Windows 98se on a clients machine after a hard drive failure/replacement when I had the same error. The client had requested that I reinstall Adobe Reader, Flash Player and the the Google tool bar while I was installing recovered files. Since I was familiar with the Google tool bar being an option when downloading and installing Adobe Reader I went ahead and installed both. Then when I attempted to install Flash Player I received the Kernel32.dll error. After reading Bentley Wolfe's post from 5/07, I uninstalled the google tool bar then attempted to install Flash again - which was successful. I then reinstalled the Google tool bar and ran the Flash installer again and got the Kernel32.dll message again. Until a permanent fix becomes available it appears that one workaround for pre-NT operating systems is to temporarily uninstall the Google tool bar while installing/updating Flash. I visited several web sites which contained Flash interactives after reinstalling the Google tool bar and the player performed normally; so the conflict appears to be limited to the install process and not to actual operation.

I hope this can be of some assistance - Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL...

I"ve been working with Engineering to understand this..

What's supposed to happen is this.. Because Google toolbar doesn't run on Win98, your OS is supposed to be detected by the logic on the Product Download Center. If it detects Win98 then it's supposed to not offer you the Google toolbar..

But if it fails to detect your OS correctly, then the Google Toolbar tries to find kernel32.dll so that it can launch it's internal download.exe in order to be installed. Which doesn't work on Win98, causing your problems.

So the team is trying to find out which specific versions of Win98 each of you has. Can you reply back with that information?

There's a quick and easy way to do this.. Paste the next line into the URL field of your browser:
javascript:document.write(navigator.userAgent);

This will output something like:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98), which gives us all the info we're looking for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; MSN 9.0;MSN 9.1; MSNbMSNI; MSNmen-us; MSNcIA)

I also get the missing export kernel32.dllverifyversioninfoa message when trying to install Flash Player.
As you requested, I am forwarding the information above.
Thanks
RxVol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get the kernel32.dll error message while trying to download and install Flash.
I have Win 98SE. Also have the Google tool bar installed.

This is the info you requested:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my info. Hope it helps.

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; FunWebProducts; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) )

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2007 Dec 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to jump in the middle of this but I have a similar problem Using Win 98SE that I thought was localized to a driver conflict.
Here, (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11). My problems got so bad that I finally had to reinstall W98SE to a new Directory and go out and get Netscape and Firefox. The moment that I try and download your flash player my system goes through a hard reset, all the way down to a full restart. Your compatibility talks about problems with Indeo CODECs and I am wondering if that is the root conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 04, 2007 Dec 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
AJC,

What happens if you download the zip containing the EXE version of Flash Player installer from this technote (and then of course run it):
http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2007 Jun 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know to fix this problem or how to install it back on your system, so this problem canbe eliminated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2007 Jun 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the message about the kernal being missing several times when trying to install the new Flash Player.

A couple times I also got a message saying the installation was complete (it wasn't) and that I'd need to reboot my computer to get it fully installed.

Someone on my ISP's help forums pointed me here, and I noticed in this thread someone mentioned the Google toolbar.

I uninstalled my Google toolbar (didn't even have it set to be visible anyway), and tried to install Flash again...

PERFECT installation. Everything's working.

I just don't know what'll happen if I try to reinstall the Google toolbar....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same win98 problem with the kernel32 error trying to install flash 9. I tried the hilton site with no luck so I tried the flash 9 demo link http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/features/ and the link required me to do an "express install" to see the demo. The express install worked fine and I've used the flash several times on different web applications without problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: boiler66
I was having the same win98 problem with the kernel32 error trying to install flash 9. I tried the hilton site with no luck so I tried the flash 9 demo link http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/features/ and the link required me to do an "express install" to see the demo. The express install worked fine and I've used the flash several times on different web applications without problems.

Thanks boiler66! It worked for me also!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2007 Nov 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up here when I found I couldn't load flash player version 9 after reloading an old image to restore a PC to operation. I wasn't offered the "Express Install" Option at the ../productinfo/features/ URL mentioned by boiler66 until I first visited the microsoft update site and installed the Security Update for Flash Player (KB913433) patch. After that, the Express install option was displayed and worked for me too.

However, I remained unable to install the flash player from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center page no mattter what I tried but was able to load the player from the ../productinfo/features/ URL using the Express Install option.

Selecting the express install option loaded flash player 9 for me and was accompanied by a resulting registry entry in the macromedia folder under software in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE indicate that the latest version had been installed. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the kernel32 error with Windows ME. What is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines