• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

License is no longer working Error - 150:30 - CS4

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this question here but have not seen a solution.  I recently (grudgingly) upgraded to Lion 10.7

Now all my CS4 applications won't opne and give me this error that the license is no longer working!  I have gone through all the fixes that Adobe recommends and nothing works.  The only thing I have not done is uninstall everything and reinstall - I am really afraid to do that.

Has anyone found a solution to this?  I am really upset and depend on Dreamweaver and Photoshop for my work!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Licensing Repair Tool?

Download here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing_download_eula.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, two problems here:

First the application launch that they tell you to drag into the terminal has a line through it that means it is not compatibel with Lion

Second, I did it anyway - followed their exact instructions in the terminal and got error messages that the syntax was wrong - when I tried removing the space after sudo python that Adobe said you needed, it still didbn't work.  I am going crazy with this.  I hate adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try going through the other steps as well?

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as I stated in my original post, I tried everything except uninstall which I am very afraid to do = plus I would have to uninstall and reinstall ALL my adobe products.  There must be a fix for this!  It was working fine a week ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you will have to try the final step and contact Adobe support.  The installation support is free and you can upload log files to help them determine what is not working on your end: http://www.adobe.com/support/crm_portal/ssi/ftpinfo.html

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Unforunately, we can only help so far and if the steps are not working this is your only option outside of re-installation (and possibly re-activation if you cannot get into an app to de-activate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Snakeyez - do you mean phone support?  Or course (unlike Apple) they are only open M through Fri - which leavds me stuck until Monday.  I have the student version - will I still get free support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One interim option would be to download the CS5.5 Trial and get 30 days use out of it while sorting out the CS4 issues.

It'll install into its own folder so it won't affect your CS4  installation.

With CS6 out next week, you can also Trial that when it's available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOu know I thought about that.  Good idea and then I can see how it works.  I assume it is good with Lion?  Adobe is no longer selling CS5.5 thought because 6 is about to come out - but I think the trial is still there.  I have been unting.  Also amazon has 5.5 but they say it is only good through Leopard - is it fine with Lion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume it is good with Lion?  Adobe is no longer selling CS5.5 thought because 6 is about to come out - but I think the trial is still there

CS5.5 is still there for trial and purchase (CS6 is only pre-order at the moment).

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=dreamweaver

The only Dreamweaver issues with OSX Lion listed on Adobe's website relate to CS4

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/known-issues-mac-os-10.html

CS5.5 works fine with Lion (though not officially listed as being suppported).

CS6 offically supports Lion

http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/tech-specs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading the trial now.  What I really need is the Web Premium suite.  I don't see it for sale at Adobe's site at all - I searched pretty extensively.  Every link takes you to CS6 - that's why I was thinking of buying it from amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Web Premium CS5.5 has been withdrawn already.

Web Premium is no longer available in CS6.

It's been merged with Design Premium and is now called Design & Web Premium

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/design-web-premium.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - it is installed.  How do I open all my exisiting sites from CS4??  They are not showing up in recent files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the site definitions transfer OK from CS4?

i.e. do they appear in the Site Manager?

They are not showing up in recent files.

No files will appear there until you've opened them in CS5.5 at least once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I coudn't find the site manager at first - whole different desktop, but now I did.  I've been chatting with Adobe sales and will probably buy the 5.5 upgrade which gets me 6 for free.  Thanks for being there!  This makes more sense than trying to trouble shoot the broken CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have a look at the Creative Cloud (new in CS6) subscription offering.

Small upfront outlay (US$50 monthly payments) gives you access to a boatload of products and services.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html?promoid=JQPEQ

If you're in its target market, it's worth serious consideration when you compare TCO for Cloud vs Perpetual Licenses over 2 or 3 or more years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Marty,

had the same problem here with PSE 8 after system recovery from time machine backup. I also updated to Lion couple of month ago. I also tried all of the listed solutions on the adobe support pages but none of them worked. The folder FLEXNet_Publisher in the systems hard drives folder Preferences, which it says to be deleted does not exist and was only found in the application support folder. I also tried all of the other solutions listed on this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html  and had more or less the same problems, it did not work.

I found the following solution myself by doing this:

go to the folder [hard drive]/Library/Application Support/FlexNet Publisher and make a copy of this folder

then go to the folder [hard drive]/Library/Preferences and paste this copied folder there.

Then try again to start your application and now it should show you the licenceregistry window. Type in your serial number and confirm. Then the application starts and runs properly. So it was on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting approach.  I finally got on the phone with Adobe tech support and after many tries of various things, we finally got it working.  He had to get on my computer remotely to figure it out - took installing as a different user and so forth.  It seems OK now except for Bridge which runs slow as molasses - like useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2012 Jul 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steffelchenk you are a genius and just saved me from blowing a deadline since there is no Adobe support over the weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX @ Lsan61, but remember, my solution to copy and paste the named folders always works one time. I finally deleted PSE8 and reinstaled it again and it runs properly now. There was no problem with system difficulties, because of the 32 bit system PSE8 originally was made for and and the  64 bit systems (OS XLion) I have running now. I somewhere red, that this might cause installing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was with my MacBook  I bought it last November and it crashed, so Genius Bar reinstalled my HD and I used Time Machine to retreive my last state of normalcy.  All of my other programs work fine except Adobe Creative Suite had the 150:30 error message.  It is working now thanks to your solution so I am least able to complete my project.  However if I have future problems I will call Adobe during their business hours, since I own the software legally they should (hopefully) be able to help me. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's what I thougt, when I called the Adobe support, but they could not help to fix the problem. Good luck to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

genius, steffelchenk! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they don't give a price...

It's been merged with Design Premium and is now called Design & Web Premium

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/design-web-premium.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Buying guide link. It's all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines